Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 05:59:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: monsta rebuild  (Read 108597 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2011, 07:20:46 PM »

mine is the older tyep oil cooler, and it has plugs on the inlet and outlet. I just made a banjo type fitting for it. You can see better in the pic below. I have a newer cooler, but thats the main reason I kept this one.

Do you get enough ground thru the mounts to work that pressure switch?  Seems the rubber mounts would make it hard.  I forget if the switch is on/off or off/on, I think it's off/on.  If that's the case, then a lack of ground means you wouldn't get any warning.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2011, 07:36:35 PM »

Also, I'm still having drama's starting it. It's not bad, but it still gets caught up at the top of compression. So thats why I'm looking at building a 4 pole starter to give it a bit more boot! http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=50076.0

First off, awesome build. Just read all 12 pages of this in one sitting.  bow down

As for the hard starting issue, are you still using a basically stock wiring harness?

If so, then I'm guessing that's at least part of your problem. Word is that upgrading your starter and ground cable to larger diameter wire/better connections helps solve this problem. My plan is to scavenge a set of car battery cables and fab up an appropriate set of connections for the moto.  Dolph

Also, as I'm sure you've figured out by now, the rectifier issue is pretty common on Ducs. Just a crap design that will eventually go bad. Mine crapped out about a month ago.  Tongue

But again, awesome build.  waytogo

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
monsta

Perth, Australia.

« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2011, 09:47:50 PM »

Do you get enough ground thru the mounts to work that pressure switch?  Seems the rubber mounts would make it hard.  I forget if the switch is on/off or off/on, I think it's off/on.  If that's the case, then a lack of ground means you wouldn't get any warning.
works ok... I think the grounding comes through the wire braiding of the hoses

First off, awesome build. Just read all 12 pages of this in one sitting.  bow down

As for the hard starting issue, are you still using a basically stock wiring harness?

If so, then I'm guessing that's at least part of your problem. Word is that upgrading your starter and ground cable to larger diameter wire/better connections helps solve this problem. My plan is to scavenge a set of car battery cables and fab up an appropriate set of connections for the moto.  Dolph

Also, as I'm sure you've figured out by now, the rectifier issue is pretty common on Ducs. Just a crap design that will eventually go bad. Mine crapped out about a month ago.  Tongue

But again, awesome build.  waytogo

thanks..  Smiley

I had the larger diameter cable for the earth and it was still hard to start. So I fitted the positive from the solenoid to starter and its a lot better, but still not as good as I'd like it.
So, I built a 4 pole starter--  http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=50076.0
I still havn't fitted it so I dont know if its 'the be all to end all' but when I do I'll update the thread.

yeah been through a few rectifiers...   Sad

93 M900 - 07 ST3 - 00 748s trackbike - 78 900SS - 13 848 EVO Corse SE
BastrdHK

Quit complaining, and ride the damn thing!

« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2012, 08:34:16 AM »

What are the numbers on the 984 Monsta!?!  Dolph

M-ROCin' it!!!
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2012, 03:15:37 AM »

I checked out your bike in Rapid. Nice work.

2015 Scrambler 800
freeclimbmtb
From Zero Member to

« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2012, 05:54:23 AM »

Subscribed.   bow down

2011 Monster 796 ABS

CW/evotech tail tidy, lightwereks integrated tail light, CRG Arrow bar end mirrors, Duc.ee solenoid eliminator & 696 midpipe, sans charcoal canister, pileon grab bars, Arrow Dark slipons (sans dB killers), Rizoma Zero11's, Rizoma Lux grips, Rizoma rearsets, Rizoma gas cap, 1098R Ohlins forks, IMA Triples, Galfer wave rotors, Brembo radial masters, Rizoma reservoirs, Ohlins DU737, Rizoma bars, 15t AFAM front and 41t supersprox rear sprocket with EK MVXC chain.
monsta

Perth, Australia.

« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2012, 09:09:50 PM »

Thanks Koko..  yeah the bike made it to Rapid bike magazine here in Australia...   Cheesy

here's a pic taken for the mag...

BastrdH...  what numbers?
if you mean dyno, I still havn't got it on yet.
I also havn't got the 4 pole starter on either!!   bang head

hopefully both be done in the next month or so...   Roll Eyes

oh yeah...  I'll also have the BST carbon wheels fitted up soon to,  they're at the painters having rim stripes painted on...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:11:58 PM by monsta » Logged

Novelo

« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2012, 04:37:04 AM »

...Roadhouse
BastrdHK

Quit complaining, and ride the damn thing!

« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »

Yeah, dyno numbers!  I am curious.  The BSTs will make a difference on the bike  Dolph

M-ROCin' it!!!
Bertie

« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2012, 05:20:17 AM »

wow
My M900 has done 70,000 km is a rebuild worth it
any suggestion of the high milage
what to look out for
thankyou
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2012, 02:43:19 PM »

DETAILS, DAMN YOU!

DETAILS!

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2012, 05:36:48 AM »

DETAILS, DAMN YOU!

DETAILS!

+1

waytogo

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
Bertie

« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2012, 06:12:19 AM »

Sorry about the lack of detail
I brought the bike and it had 69000 (currently it has 70500km) and it has been looked after
have you heard of other Ducatis and if they were running ok say about 130000 km
My major concern is the high milage but it seems to be  going well
Heres a strange one can a Dievel rear shock fit on the back of a M900 1994 monster
thankyou
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2012, 09:05:15 AM »

Sorry Bertie...

My Details comments were directed to the original poster of this thread & not you.

You might get a more detailed response by PM'ing the original poster & you may get more responses to your questions if you start your own thread...

No idea on a Diavel shock's alternate fitments...

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
monsta

Perth, Australia.

« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »

cant help myself... always finding something to do!   Grin

-About 6 months I fitted BST wheels!   I'm sure I don't have to tell you all how good these things are...
-Had the ohlins forks stripped of anodizing and polished to remove the road rash, then re-anodized. came up beautiful!  photo's don't do justice.
- had front guard and rear cowl repainted to expose the carbon fibre.

-Finally finished the exhaust, found the power that the Quat D robbed.
http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=55255.0

Yes, Dyno will be soon!  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:10:07 PM by monsta » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: