Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 03:36:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekly Sunday morning Jamba Juice ride  (Read 458457 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4230 on: November 30, 2018, 03:43:49 PM »

I have to bring the KTM as the Husky has a failed clutch slave cylinder.  650 miles no bueno.  Getting an aftermarket Oberon slave because why would I replace it with another lousy factory part?  A very well known steady failure part that neither Husky or KTM have improved over the years.  Imagine if you were way out in the woods somewhere when it happened?  I only had to negotiate about 20 blocks of city traffic to get to the shop and fill with fluid to get home.   boo  boo  boo

The SDR it is then... waytogo Dolph Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4231 on: December 02, 2018, 03:17:55 PM »

OK, I know it was a bad day.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4232 on: December 02, 2018, 05:28:08 PM »

And as I was typing the above the keyboard died and I had to go out & buy a new one. Not my first choice but Target had a cheap one and got me back in biz.  Lousy traffic. Who knew we would get stuck behind a parade on H3. The day left me with such a bad taste I feel like I might sell both bikes and take up paragliding or something.  No way I can do another day like today.  Reminder to not go out on Toys for Tots day next year.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4233 on: December 02, 2018, 08:57:17 PM »

And as I was typing the above the keyboard died and I had to go out & buy a new one. Not my first choice but Target had a cheap one and got me back in biz.  Lousy traffic. Who knew we would get stuck behind a parade on H3. The day left me with such a bad taste I feel like I might sell both bikes and take up paragliding or something.  No way I can do another day like today.  Reminder to not go out on Toys for Tots day next year.

Not the greatest, but I didn't think it was that bad...anytime spent on the speedy seems to give my back some relief... Dolph Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4234 on: October 26, 2019, 01:52:07 PM »

Are you guys going out tomorrow?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4235 on: March 08, 2020, 05:34:08 PM »

So I will try here, instead of a PM, to keep these posts alive.  Gene, are you healed up & ready to ride again?

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4236 on: March 12, 2020, 10:34:23 AM »

So I will try here, instead of a PM, to keep these posts alive.  Gene, are you healed up & ready to ride again?

I'm healed up but didn't get the result that I was hoping for.  I'm better than before the surgery, but still can't get the ball of my right foot on the peg without causing pain in my knee/hip...prior to surgery I had to ride with my instep on the peg and my foot toed out at a 45 deg angle, not good for corner carving right handers, now I can at least tuck the foot in somewhat.

Have ridden only three times since the Jan 14th surgery, once with the SCCA guys and two short solo rides.  Autocross events on the two sunny Sundays we've had lately have cut back on our motobike activity.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4237 on: March 12, 2020, 11:35:29 PM »

waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4238 on: June 15, 2021, 10:35:41 PM »

Are you guys going out for a ride on Father's Day?

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4239 on: June 16, 2021, 05:59:20 AM »

I might

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4240 on: July 04, 2021, 10:23:51 PM »

I might

waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4241 on: July 05, 2021, 07:06:15 PM »

I might

With these few and simple words, Desmotropic moves back into 1st place for the most current postings of the DMF Local Club Boards.

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4242 on: July 21, 2021, 07:15:21 PM »

Well
With these few and simple words, Desmotropic moves back into 1st place for the most current postings of the DMF Local Club Boards.

Now I feel obligated to help

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4243 on: July 22, 2021, 06:51:29 AM »

Found the Tedster yet?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4244 on: July 22, 2021, 01:04:22 PM »

I did, and he's doing alright. Been car free for a couple of years, new job and anew commuter bike to go with his ... Hyper? Something like that. I don't have a bike, and our one attempt at car/bike combo was kind of a bust. Except for the coffee, which was excellent.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: