Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 07:40:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 472634 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #6285 on: September 05, 2016, 06:06:06 PM »

So between last weekend and this weekend I have fixed up & hot rodded a golf cart that's been out of commission for almost six months.  I fixed a construction company Toyota pickup that everyone said had crazy electrical problems & might need a new fuse box and new wiring & I replaced a dead starter motor in a 620 Monster.  Now the next project will likely be the florescent light replacement - modification in the garage and then back to work on the BMW's if my neck & shoulders are up to it.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6286 on: September 05, 2016, 07:37:50 PM »

Sounds like you're doing pretty good!... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6287 on: September 07, 2016, 06:30:52 AM »

The healing is an interesting process.  Different than anything else I've ever been through but still going forward. Slowly.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6288 on: November 03, 2016, 05:17:50 PM »

Installed a new battery in the Speedy this afternoon...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6289 on: November 06, 2016, 05:19:34 PM »

Installed a new battery in the Speedy this afternoon...

Good thing!  Shorai?

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6290 on: November 06, 2016, 06:34:48 PM »

Good thing!  Shorai?

OEM Yuasa YTX14-BS...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6291 on: November 08, 2016, 09:49:15 PM »

So, no more crazy no starts after short rides?

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6292 on: November 09, 2016, 10:15:01 AM »

So, no more crazy no starts after short rides?

So far, no...did my normal pre-ride routine on Sunday, ride 1.5 miles, fill up with gas, and the bike fired right up at the touch of the starter button... Grin

Looking forward to a Sunday ride... Dolph
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 12:15:15 PM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6293 on: November 10, 2016, 08:43:56 PM »

Epidural injection this afternoon, chill for a couple of days and I'll be good to ride on Sunday... Dolph

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6294 on: November 27, 2016, 08:13:41 PM »

Flush & renew brake fluid on front & rear brakes for the Superduke. That pesky brake noise is gone now.   waytogo  waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6295 on: January 02, 2017, 05:54:37 PM »

Found both mounting tabs for the Superduke tailight broken.  WARRANTY ! ! !

On another, but related, note .......... man 'o man I love this bike!   Evil  Evil  Evil  Evil  Evil  Evil

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6296 on: January 02, 2017, 08:11:20 PM »

Found both mounting tabs for the Superduke tailight broken.  WARRANTY ! ! !

That's pretty common, even on my series SD.

On another, but related, note .......... man 'o man I love this bike!   Evil  Evil  Evil  Evil  Evil  Evil

Told ya

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #6297 on: April 08, 2017, 06:26:40 PM »

Ate some German food & ice cream

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6298 on: July 22, 2018, 07:43:25 PM »

I put new tires on the SuperDuke. Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa II's.  Front & rear.  I repeat that I did the mounting. Goto helped with the rear & Wally helped with the front. Let me say thanks to both of those guys & thanks to the heat gun. If you are doing this without a machine, and that's my situation, you absolutely need that heat gun to help. It's debatable whether or not it's worth it as doing it by hand is a huge pain. That said I saved $200 going the route I did. The Scot in me says it's worth it. The argument rages.

The tires are completely different from the Dunlop Streetsmarts that came with the bike. These tires are more pointed and have steeper sidewalls so they really fall into a turn. I also notice that the carcass is softer. Only got two laps around Norfolk on damp roads with leaves in the corners so I don't have a full report yet.  One thing is that the bike is different once again and I'll need some time to adjust to this. It's all good.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6299 on: July 22, 2018, 08:14:01 PM »

The pirellis that I used to run on my SD (diablo rosso IIs I think) made the bike feel as if it could climb straight up a tree. They didn’t last for shit, but the traction was impressive.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: