Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 01:27:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 472590 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #6270 on: July 10, 2016, 08:10:37 AM »

Short ride on the Speedy this morning...did the usual windward stuff via the Pali, returned on H3.  Left with 8958 miles on the ODO returned with 9001. Oddly the Service Interval Indicator (wrench icon) came on during the ride, there is no service required at 9k miles for my bike...so I did my interim oil change, as was the plan, and called it a day... Smiley

Maybe it's a time/annual reminder tick?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6271 on: July 10, 2016, 10:21:37 AM »

Maybe it's a time/annual reminder tick?

I'm thinkin' the ecu monitors how the bike is ridden and triggers the indicator accordingly...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6272 on: July 11, 2016, 10:23:45 AM »

Helped Josh change out the rear shock in the M800 he just bought. The shock on his bike was just plain blown out, no oil, leaked out everywhere and just bouncing along on the spring. We tried to install the Sachs rear shock that came off my old M900 but that won't work without modification so we put the rear shock from the old, yellow M620 that I had and took apart for spare parts. Good thing I got that old 620 because now there is at least a working shock on Josh's bike and a bunch of the other parts will be going onto Tori's/Baz's silver 620. We are getting spare rear shock rocker assemblies to modify in order to accept the M900 shock. That will stiffen things up a bit and get the rear end more too. Right now it feels like you are dragging butt riding around on the M800. Another work in process.......  Dolph

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6273 on: July 11, 2016, 08:51:40 PM »

Another work in process.......  Dolph

Fun stuff though...right?... Smiley

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6274 on: July 11, 2016, 09:46:53 PM »

Fun stuff though...right?... Smiley

More fun than fixing a crashed bike.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6275 on: July 24, 2016, 06:22:26 PM »

Took the SD out today, and rode NM152 from Hillsboro to Bayard and back (check it out; https://goo.gl/maps/MvsD9vvGmRw ).  Crazy fun road, but hour plus on the slab to get there just isn't worth it.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6276 on: July 25, 2016, 10:17:27 PM »

Took the SD out today, and rode NM152 from Hillsboro to Bayard and back (check it out; https://goo.gl/maps/MvsD9vvGmRw ).  Crazy fun road, but hour plus on the slab to get there just isn't worth it.

Up & down I25?  How about trailering there & back? This is where you need a small, tightly knit band.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6277 on: July 26, 2016, 04:42:20 AM »

Up & down I25? 

Partly.  I took the surface roads up, and stopped at Hatch on the way back for a green chile cheeseburger.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6278 on: July 28, 2016, 06:28:54 PM »

Did windward and Tantalus today...T is as bad or worse than I've ever seen it, lot's of pot holes, cracks and old half assed lumpy repairs...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6279 on: July 28, 2016, 09:24:44 PM »

Did windward and Tantalus today...T is as bad or worse than I've ever seen it, lot's of pot holes, cracks and old half assed lumpy repairs...

i went down 13 turns tonight on my way home in the old 325i.  That road has also gotten pretty horrible.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6280 on: July 30, 2016, 04:43:08 PM »

It was nice enough today to take the bike into work so I did.  Got a lap around Tantalus afterwards and it is bad but not any worse than it was a few weeks ago. There was lots of green bloom all over the sections in the shade & wet, especially going through the Eucalyptus Straight .  I tried a different tactic today in that I hardly trail braked at all, I would just set up with a proper gearing and let engine braking take over or just plain modulate throttle through the corner. I did that because there were so many wet shady turns up there today and that change worked out pretty good for the conditions up there today. That & lifting on the pegs through some of the rough patches.

We'll see how the weather goes tomorrow and if that was going to be my last ride up there for a while.   Roll Eyes  Dolph

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6281 on: July 30, 2016, 04:56:02 PM »

How does the 1290's throttle react to subtle adjustments?  I'm assuming the RBW set up allows you to "adjust" it somewhat easily.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6282 on: July 30, 2016, 05:09:43 PM »

How does the 1290's throttle react to subtle adjustments?  I'm assuming the RBW set up allows you to "adjust" it somewhat easily.

If you are in "SPORT" there is almost no such thing as subtle. Every little twitch counts.  Shift over to "STREET" and things happen a bit slower, in fact using "STREET" with the traction control turned off is kind of interesting. You get sort of a combination of fast & smooth that you don't get with "STREET" and TC switched on. That just becomes smooth but chops off some of the quick throttle action. Bear in mind too that this is my bike with the Akra reflash. The stocker in SPORT is still not that impressive.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6283 on: July 31, 2016, 02:05:17 PM »

If you are in "SPORT" there is almost no such thing as subtle. Every little twitch counts. 

So kind of like my SD. with a negative mass flywheel.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6284 on: July 31, 2016, 02:58:39 PM »

So kind of like my SD. with a negative mass flywheel.

waytogo

Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: