Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 23, 2024, 08:58:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ride this weekend ?  (Read 52222 times)
mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #345 on: May 06, 2016, 12:49:50 PM »

Well nobody posted up to go to the X Diavel Test Ride at Bandimere, so I went with the wife.

Dolph on up and did the 11 am test ride, a nice 35 min loop up in the canyons west of Morrison.

BTW these bike can be ridden two up however these were pre-production models and the passenger backrest could not be mounted and their insurance would not allow two up riding without the back rest. Bummer! My wife was a good sport and hung out in the typical Ducati lounge one would expect at these sort of gigs.

Pre-Ride Jitters! Notice the forward controls and the belt drive.

The X Diavels wait while the riders get a safety briefing.

Not to bad looking, this bike was the S model selling for north of $20K

Can we get going already?

The test ride went well, my opinion of the bike is as follows.
First the bike is approx 156 hp set up in the touring mode, which is how it was set up.
It had great acceleration as you would expect.
The handle bars seemed to transmit a good deal of vibration to my hands which were tingling in the first few minutes of the ride.
The bike handled ok, not what I am used to riding my ST3 or Multistrada. the brakes of course were awesome.
The bike had cruise control, self canceling turn signals, an urban riding mode (~100 hp and tuned differently) and some sort of launch control mentioned during the safety brief, and we were told we would not be using these features. I tried to change the mode while stopped in traffic going through Morrison with no success, guess I am not a techie. I did figure out the self canceling turn signals....oh yeah there was nothing to figure out there...duh.
The forward positioned controls were very comfortable, however I could see the seating position causing back issues on longer rides.
Overall it was a positive experience.
Would I shell out $20k + for one?
Not a chance, I am still a cheap bastard.
But great first attempt at a cruiser style bike for Ducati.  applause

Well if you want to test ride this bike they will be there Sat and Sun 9 to 5 Bandimere speedway at gate B.

Look fast ! Ride Faster !
mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #346 on: May 20, 2016, 07:10:51 PM »

Heading up to Fay Myers for their annual Block Party on Saturday Morning around 9am.
If you are interested post up and we can meet at Exit 161 park and ride, head up Hwy 105 to Hwy 83 thru Franktown and Parker then to Arapahoe Rd and Fay Myers.
http://www.faymyers.com/event_list_detail.asp?ecode=694508&smonth=5&syear=2016&emonth=5&eyear=2016&location=0&Submit=Search&inputpage=1

Sunday heading down to PPIR for the annual MRA race
opening cermonies begin at 10:15am, practice before that.
I will be driving my car  boo that because I will be tail-gating cooking  bacon and  drink
http://www.mra-racing.org/schedule/season-schedule/
http://www.mra-racing.org/schedule/race-day-schedule/
post up and we can meet at the track

mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #347 on: May 22, 2016, 06:17:07 AM »

OK so nobody showed up at the Exit 161 park and ride.
Went to the Fay Myers block party with the wife.
The stunt shows were good, the free Famous Dave's BBQ was good, the other freebies were good.
the people watching was good, saw lots of Duc's including the new Multistrada Enduro....

mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #348 on: May 27, 2016, 07:38:58 PM »

Sunday May 22 at PPIR for the annual MRA race

Let the racing begin

action as seen from our tailgate

grilling up some food during lunch break

Boulder Motorsports always has awesome bikes

Interesting bike, appears to be a 2 stroke CR500?

Well it was a fun time, this is the only appearance at PPIR for this racing season for the MRA so maybe next year we can meet up?

mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2016, 07:29:47 AM »

Planning on  Dolph up to Fay Myers on Friday morning for the 2016 Ducati Experience Tour.
If interested we can meet at I25 Exit 161 (Monument) park and ride on east side of highway.
Post up if you plan on going because I am going and I will not got to the park and ride and wait if nobody is going to show.
The test rides are 9 to 5, so I will likely head up around 8am.
See details below.

http://www.faymyers.com/event_list_detail.asp?ecode=700586&smonth=6&syear=2016&emonth=6&eyear=2016&location=0&Submit=Search&inputpage=1

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: