Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 15, 2024, 09:14:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all road warriors...  (Read 3845 times)
Kroe

get him a.... Cranberry juice

« on: May 07, 2008, 02:34:14 PM »

Anyone have personal experience on this route:

Speed limits? Police scene? I'm planning on heading up that way in a couple of weeks and will extend the invite to all once I hammer down the dates...

Thanks

07' CBR600RR... "The Ice-Pick"
goldenchild
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 03:56:26 PM »

It all depends on how quick you want to get to where you're going...

209's slow. The speed limits range from 35 to 45mph and is boring. 17 is a highway. Both have lots of popo's so sticking to the speed limits is highly advised.   I don't want to divulge what's worth checking out but if you look on googlemaps you'll see that there's plenty of backroad twistys to choose from.
Kroe

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 04:30:25 AM »

GC, thanks for the heads up on the speed limits and 5-0 situation  wt:. Seems I've got to play with the maps a little to find the good stuff. I'll post up my planned route once I have my dates set if anyone is intersted in coming along.

EvilSteve
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 05:06:36 AM »

Like GC said, most of what you've picked out there is freeway and therefore normal speed rules apply.

If you find any twisties up there, either myself or GC have ridden them plenty of times. Wink
goldenchild
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 05:56:45 AM »

Doh! You changed your route, however, my previous post still applies...
Kroe

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 06:06:56 AM »

Gotcha guys, thanks again. I haven't really played with the route yet GC, I wonder what it showed before?

I'm planning on leaving from NYC, going up through Bear mt, Woodstock, and then cutting through to Hancock and will end up in PA at my buddies house. I know a bunch of you guys ride these roads alot so I'll play with the route and post it up. I'm not asking anyone to reveal their secret magic roads but if anything I plan on isn't good any feedback would be appreciated  Grin.

Kroe

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 06:36:16 AM »

Had something like this in mind...

goldenchild
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 04:59:25 PM »

Had something like this in mind...

You're getting warmer...

About that route... between sections "D" & "E". That's CR47 aka Frost Valley, a good road. Things to watch out for... that STUPID bump in the road that throws you over the double yellow if you're going at a decent clip. I can never remember where exactly it is, all I know is that it's in the middle of a right hand corner and you won't know it's there until you feel your suspension compress and you find yourself over the paint. Once you make that left off of 28, it's not too far away. Also, watch out for gravel. It seems as if there's gravel on that road 364 out of 365 days of the year (that's why I like it). If it's your first time, go slow and easy and all should be well, the bump won't throw you if you're going speed limit.
 Also, once you reach Denning and you bust that hard right onto Pole Rd, know that that road is all kinds of torn up, has all sorts of rocks and gravel, and some major potholes. Personally, I love that stuff. It teaches you throttle control and greatly enhances your bike control but I've found most people don't like it. To each his/her own I suppose.

Between sections "H" & "I"... WATCH OUT FOR DEER, there's a lot of them out there at EVERY hour of the day but especially at dusk. There are few things that can make your sphincter SING like seeing a deer up close and personal while on a bike.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:03:55 PM by goldenchild » Logged
Kroe

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 04:49:30 AM »

GC, thanks for all the great input man!!! It's nice to know what to watch for. My first ride will be at a slower pace simply because I've never been up through that way. I have been all through PA though and you're spot on about the deer. I saw those IZ_ bastards on every ride  Shocked  out there last year. Someone should teach them the rules of the road  ;:|.

Hey, if you haven't already you may want to check out the roads around Lake Wallenpaupack in PA. The roads pretty much hug the lake and there's some decent transitions through there. If you like gravel you'd be in heaven. The roads in my buddies development are mostly 2" of fairly loose gravel on top of dirt. It's a quick 2 mile trip from the enterance of the place to his house but the bike gets real squirrly. Anyways, there's lots of these roads out that way. Another cool road trip is to take the bikes out to the lake and rent a power boat or waverunners. Awesome lake and prices are decent especially if you're getting a boat with a group of people.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 06:19:33 AM by Kroe » Logged

EvilSteve
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 06:33:11 AM »

Drop me a PM when you're heading up there dude, I have a place up in the Catskills and would be happy to show you around.
goldenchild
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 06:38:44 AM »

Hey, if you haven't already you may want to check out the roads around Lake Wallenpaupack in PA.

Yeah, I've been over that way before...  wt:
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 06:43:04 AM »

Hey, if you haven't already you may want to check out the roads around Lake Wallenpaupack in PA.
[snip]

I lost my license plate over there  :bang

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines."   m620 749s r6

www.suspectsunlimited.com
Kroe

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 09:27:15 AM »

Yeah, I've been over that way before...  wt:

Man you cats get everywhere...   Grin

I lost my license plate over there  :bang

Almost lost my lunch over there  Lips Sealed... My buddy and I both looked at each other with that same expression after we came up over this ridge on 507 and saw the hand of doom approaching.... worst storm I've ever been in but we rode through.

Steve, I'll pm you in a week or so about the trip. Awesome if you could show me around a bit.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 09:34:11 AM by Kroe » Logged

EvilSteve
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 11:43:03 AM »

Hey Kroe, by all means, I have some nice roads up around there. wt:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: