Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 05:42:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Ducati Multistrada 1100 vs 2021 Multistrada V4SII Cycle World  (Read 661 times)
paso87

« on: September 29, 2021, 05:13:07 PM »

I ran across this story this evening.  Cycle World loosely compared the 2008 Multistrada 1100 vs the 2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S.  There are 13 years of technology and change between those two bikes. But read the article and I think you can come away with the conclusion that the Multistrada 1100 was a pretty decent bike.  I own a 2006 Multistrada 1000DS-S which featured the carbon bits and the Olins suspension.  It is black and I think the best looking color on the old Multistradas. I also own a 2016 1200 Enduro.  This past summer my wife and I took a two week trip to Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, and Idaho in July.  Unfortunately I could not find a dealer or service person to replace the cam belts on the Enduro from about May right up to departing on 12 July. I had no option other than to take the 1000.  I have the factory bags and a luggage rack made by Dynamic Motorcycle Accessories in Utah. The 1000 had new tires, new cam belts and fresh oil in the engine so I loaded up the bike and we headed out for our trip.  The bike performed like a champ. We had some interstate and some two lane roads. In the twisties the bike handled like the sportbike it is laden or unladen. We rode in the rain and we rode on one 109 degree day in Montana and there were some hot windy days too. I especially enjoyed leaving the factory bags at the hotel and riding on a twisty road without them. I found some great two lane twisties in South Dakota, Montana, and Idaho. The most fun was riding up and back down the famous Beartooth pass in Montana when we stayed in Red Lodge. The Multistrada was an absolute joy to ride on that pass.  During this trip I would get off of the bike and look at it especially unladen with bags and I would just say: "Damn I love that bike."  It was also enjoyable hearing the Arrow Exhausts on Beartooth and those two lane curvy roads in Idaho and South Dakota.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-reviews/2021-ducati-multistrada-v4-s-vs-2008-ducati-multistrada-1100-s-comparison-test/

By the way my wife and I did not double up on the Multistrada.  She rode her Can Am Ryker and while she had a large Kuryakyn bag on back of her bike I had the factory bags and a small tail bag, stuffed.  I can also agree about the standard seat on the Mulitstrada 1000.  In my case I bought the bike with the so called Comfort seat.  Only thing is the Comfort Seat is not that comfortable.  So I replaced the rider and passenger seats with ones from Sargent.  Way, Way better!  Our trip covered nearly 2500 miles.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 06:27:06 PM by paso87 » Logged
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 12:16:21 AM »

Thanks for sharing waytogo

2015 Scrambler 800
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: