Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 07:30:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone here an expert in golden retriever behavior?  (Read 881 times)
booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« on: August 17, 2021, 10:39:59 AM »

Well, Bunny, my golden, has become 1 year old! I feel concern for her mental well-being, as the pandemic drags on and the much needed social interaction with other people and dogs continues to be scarce. We take her to the park on weekends. We walk her several times a day & play ball fetch out back regularly. She is still afraid of truck noise, and some people but not all, sudden moves, occasional birds that happen to swoop in nearby. This is in contrast to how she behaves within her sanctuary. She is queen of the house of course, but still insecure outdoors and on the street.

Took her to the park everyone goes to here locally this past Sunday. Nobody there. Weird. Usually there are dogs dogs and more dogs. Where are the people and dogs at? I mean, during the height of the pandy there were people out there playing fetch with their masks on and now it's like there is nobody out there. It felt weird. I hope somehow she will still develop normally in her head despite this. Doing the best I can.

However it's not all worries and concerns, she is developing her personality and it's very cute. She's a smart one. She does this thing where I'll walk her, and then when we return we always go in the rear sliding door at the deck and before we go up the stair to the deck she grabs the leash from my hands. She does not grab it until we return to the house and begin to go up the stairs. She grabs it from my hands all smiley and cute, tail wagging, jumping up on me, and then just walks on in the house like that. I know it's not good practice to allow this to occur and although it's quite cute this behavior and it brings me joy to see her do it, it's probably not good puppy discipline and I should be trying to train her out of it.

Also she can hold stuff in her mouth without detection. However she gives it away with the look on her face. She inhales things (sticks, leaves, other things, whatever) when I'm not looking and I'm constantly telling her no, drop it, etc but I think she enjoys the controversy it causes. Like she wants papa to chase her down and open her mouth to remove whatever it was that she grabbed. Otherwise her poker face would be less obvious.

This is my first Golden, and it's been a trip so far. I have scratches and lacerations all over me from wrastlin' with my baby. She is getting very strong this one.

Can anyone explain the leash thing? She just recently started doing it. Does it every single time we come back from a walk now.

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 11:59:16 AM »

https://wagwalking.com/behavior/why-do-dogs-grab-their-leash

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 04:29:20 PM »

She wants a puppy of her own. waytogo

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: