Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 03:26:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP, Dusty Hill  (Read 1209 times)
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« on: July 30, 2021, 09:47:12 AM »

"Sometimes you don't even notice the sound of my bass. I hate that somehow, but I love that somehow too. That's a compliment. That means you've completed everything, and it's suitable for the song, and you're not standing out. where you don't need to be. My sound is big, heavy and a little distorted because it has to overlap the guitar. Someone once asked me to describe my tone, and I told them it was like farting in a garbage can. What I meant to say is that it's raw, but you have to have the tone there." - Dusty Hill

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Jaman

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 08:59:53 AM »

Lol, that is another gem of a quote from Dusty...

I have been listening to a bunch of their catalog of late in remembrance, and Man! their early (and all, really) stuff is just So Good.
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 12:32:23 PM »

I spent a lot of time over the weekend blaring (so the neighbors could enjoy it too) much of their catalog in the shop. Their '70s stuff is the best.  chug

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 01:35:30 PM »

They played in Tuscaloosa this past weekend. First appearance without Dusty. Elwood Francis was on bass.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 07:23:03 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: