Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:45:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: only hi beam on new headlight setup  (Read 1521 times)
whitechocolate781

« on: July 25, 2021, 10:24:12 AM »

Hello,
So, I bought an integrated headlight kit for my 00' 750, projection hi and low beam, LED signals, pretty tight.. hooked it up, however no connection for the PAS light, its just a simple hi beam and lo beam. so i wired it as such and taped off the unusable bits and only used the white wire and yellow/black wire.

I have no low beam function, only hi beam even after playing around with the config. "also the rear tail light is LED with integrated signals which work fine-ish", I was replacing the switch anyway and thought it might fix the issue, i have a aftermarket setup, no instruction of course, after trying different wires, still same result, only hi beam, so weird. below is the factory headlight plug, white, yellow/bk and black were used.

of the connections from the aftermarket, the white/blue/yellow relate to the headlight setup, ive tried several variations. im at a loss, no low beam, only the high beam config shows.

some Duc's have a headlight relay switch, but this is a 2000 monster 750. I dont see any, only a flasher switch and ignition relay.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 11:09:32 AM »

Why only white and yellow/black? Need three....

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
whitechocolate781

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 11:13:17 AM »

well, and this is why im looking for input, there was a solid yellow attached the PAS, should I just tie that one to the yellow/blk?
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 01:19:52 PM »

Correct, no relay.  Yellow with black stripe is hi, white is lo, black is ground and solid yellow is for the small bulb in your OEM headlight.  Since your LED headlight is aftermarket I can't go further.  Maybe if you tell us brand and model.  Emphasis on maybe.
whitechocolate781

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 01:32:27 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/SKTYANTS-Headlights-Housing-Motorcycle-Davidsion/dp/B078MVXJBL/ref=sr_1_36?dchild=1&keywords=ducati+monster+7%22+round+headlights&qid=1627248687&sr=8-36
whitechocolate781

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 07:02:48 PM »

so weird, on the factory harness, where the switch plugs in, the wires are reversed. and yellow is looped over ..wish this forum enabled image posting instead of links.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 02:18:15 AM »

so weird, on the factory harness, where the switch plugs in, the wires are reversed. and yellow is looped over ..wish this forum enabled image posting instead of links.
It's a free forum. Photo hosting isn't free.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Heath

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 04:47:36 PM »

Is this what your wiring is like? Looks like you could hook the parking light to the brown wire to get a day time running light.  I would mess around to make sure you don't have anything reversed.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: