Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 08:50:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Immobilizer in s2r1k  (Read 1473 times)
Alexaskmo

« on: July 22, 2021, 09:10:01 AM »

I’m so sorry. I have tried avoiding posting this question, joined FB groups and have read and read but am just not getting it.

Before you start reading, my test to see if the immo is disabled is unplugging the instrument panel and trying to start the bike. If that’s not the right way to test stop reading and let me know I’m just completely lost.

I have tried tuneECU to disable the immobilizer, that did not work. Seems so straight forward, there was even a immobilizer check mark, but it did nothing.

So I downloaded guzzidiag. Downloaded my bin, edited using tunerpro. Again, seemed so straightforward, just a check mark there as well. Nothing when I re-upload the edited bin.

Anyone done this feel like having a go at helping out. I know there are threads, but for some reason I’m not understanding this.

Orange16

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 05:09:38 AM »

When in TunerPro, right click on the label of what you're looking at - Immobilizer in this instance.  Or click on the label and press F2.

You'll get some options, click on the top one - Edit Parameter XDF Info

That will open a window that gives info about the parameter.  Unless the person who made the XDF is a paranoid security freak, in which case you'll get asked for a password you don't have.

On the left you will see "Address (Hex)" and then a hex address after that.  Say 0x4D144

Then, in the menu across the top, click on Tools > Advanced > Hex Editor.  Or, press Ctrl H without doing any of that.  The Hex editor will open.

The hex editor has rows and rows of numbers shown in 16 columns of pairs, which is known as "8 bit".  The hex # range is 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F.  In pairs, compared to the decimal equivalents, 00 is 0, FF is 255.  The GuzziDiag files are 320k in size, so have rows from 0000000 to 0004FFF0.

In these ECU, "switches" in the software that tell the ECU if something such as Immobilizer or Lambda is on or off are usually 01 for on and 00 for off.

If looking at an OEM file, which is Immobilizer on, at the address shown in the XDF Parameter, you should see 01.  You want to make that 00 to have Immobilizer off.

Scroll down until you get the the line starting with 0004D140.  In hex, 0 (zero) is a number, the first number.  So the first column is 0, the second is 1, etc.  So the first column of line 0004D140 is address 0004D140.  The second column is address 0004D141, and the fifth column is 0004D144.  That's the specific location (well, if the XDF is right is should be, the XDF may be wrong for your ECU file) that you need to change from 01 to 00.

This way you can check what actual change you've made in the file if you use the "Flags", or you can just change it directly using the Hex editor.  Click on the number pair you want to change and make it 00.

The Flags system used in TunerPro I don't find logical, simply because you can't see what is happening.  This way you can check.

If the address the XDF gives is not 01 or 00 to start with, you definitely know the XDF is wrong.
Alexaskmo

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 07:17:05 AM »

Oh wow!

Thanks a million for that super easy to follow write up!!

It worked!!!  bow down

Quick question for you. In tunerpro it says both lambda sensors should have the same value, assuming that means on or off for both. I have a DP ecu and a full termi with pod filters… should I turn both off (I think I saw nr 1 off and nr 2 on).

Best,
Alex
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:08:38 AM by Alexaskmo » Logged
Orange16

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 02:22:03 PM »

Lambda 1 and Lambda 2 are actually the Lambda sensor and the Lambda sensor heater.

If you turn off the Lambda sensor only and then disconnect it, the ECU will log a Lambda sensor heater fault.

On the S2R1000 DP ECU they will both be off, that's how it came.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: