Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 05:46:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TuneBoy features for '10 M1100?  (Read 1964 times)
Ahks
Modest with his

« on: June 18, 2021, 10:44:15 AM »

Hey all. I picked up a 2010 M1100 recently and part of my goal with this is to have a one stop shop for the maintenance resets, uploading maps, and remapping with some sort of auto-tune functionality. All of which I would like to do without needing a piggyback unit. So no PCV or Rexxer? And I'm cool with the idea of logging a ride with wideband sensors and a laptop in a backpack, then remapping through Wayne's software.

The starter kit from here https://www.tuneboy.com.au/ducati%20contitech/ + wideband o2 sensor(s) looks to be just about the only option then. Is that the correct one for me? Pretty sure it is, but I'd like some clarification/confirmation before I drop the cash on the hardware/software and Wayne's replies are slower (I'm not grousing, I just want things :p ) than QD building an exhaust.

I'd also accept any other suggestions, as long as it doesn't involve additional hardware attached permanently (like the PowerCommander, etc)

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 12:40:09 PM »

I thought Rexxer had an optional device for servicing functions? Maybe it doesn't cover everything you mention. Worth talking to them.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 07:02:40 AM »

Hey all. I picked up a 2010 M1100 recently and part of my goal with this is to have a one stop shop for the maintenance resets, uploading maps, and remapping with some sort of auto-tune functionality. All of which I would like to do without needing a piggyback unit. So no PCV or Rexxer? And I'm cool with the idea of logging a ride with wideband sensors and a laptop in a backpack, then remapping through Wayne's software.

The starter kit from here https://www.tuneboy.com.au/ducati%20contitech/ + wideband o2 sensor(s) looks to be just about the only option then. Is that the correct one for me? Pretty sure it is, but I'd like some clarification/confirmation before I drop the cash on the hardware/software and Wayne's replies are slower (I'm not grousing, I just want things :p ) than QD building an exhaust.

I'd also accept any other suggestions, as long as it doesn't involve additional hardware attached permanently (like the PowerCommander, etc)

PCV, piggyback.  Rexxer, not piggyback. 

No FHE with Tuneboy for M1100 (although have previously Tuneboy'd a MTS1200).   Rexxer and Tuneboy allow you to reflash your ECU to some new parameters either of your choosing or their 'off the peg' coding.  Once flashed.... it's flashed.  Nothing dynamic about it.  Sounds like Tuneboy has the option of hooking wideband o2 sensors to measure whats going on and reflash based on feedback from the data collected.  After which you once again have a static reflash - perfectly good but not a dynamic thing in the way that PCV+Auto-tune is.   I can't remember if Tuneboy tool allows maintenance resets?  Rexxer tool certainly does.  So to me there's the ECU relash options like Tuneboy or Rexxer.   Or there's the piggyback option like Powercommander with or without the Autotune hardware and dynamic tuning functionality. 

Since it sounds like your preference is not to go piggy-back then you pays your money and you makes your choice between whichever of the ECU reflash options - Rexxer or Tuneboy (others?) - most float your boat.   Last time I looked, with Rexxer there's no ability to reflash using on-the-fly wideband data.  But even with Tuneboy, once you've done your final pass with the widebands... the arrived at ECU mapping is likewise static. 

I'd add that I've had fabulous support from Rexxer.... and the lack of support from Tuneboy is legendary. 

2010 you say?  So that still M1100 or M1100 EVO by then? 

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 04:09:53 AM »

popcorn

El-Twin

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 07:14:36 AM »

The EVO arrived on the scene in 2012. I've had mine for 9 years now.

1961 Honda 50
1962 Mustang Thoroughbred
1972 Honda CB500 Four
2012 1100 evo

If I ever find myself on a winding road, holding up a line of cars with a motorcycle, I will carry the shame to my grave.   -PETER EGAN
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 02:09:52 AM »

Wonder what the OP decided on............ 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: