Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:54:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suicide Shift  (Read 10769 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« on: April 16, 2021, 09:08:49 PM »

Nothing like riding one. I really want to build an old school bobber and run one.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 09:11:05 PM by kopfjäger » Logged

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 09:10:47 PM »

The auto-clutch upgrade is a game changer. Oh and this dude has some nice vehicles.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Mhanis

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 05:50:30 AM »

Does one have to wear skinny jeans and tennies to ride one?

Mark

I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat.

Pete Townshend

2009 M1100 68,000+ miles- and climbing
2015 Suzuki TU250X 13,000+ miles
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 08:43:14 AM »

Does one have to wear skinny jeans and tennies to ride one?

Mark

Not necessarily skinny jeans, but definitely jeans and sneakers. I prefer high top Chucks.  Cool

krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 10:16:37 AM »

C'mon, Vans are perfectly acceptable foorwear for motorcycles. Roll Eyes

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 10:21:15 AM »

C'mon, Vans are perfectly acceptable foorwear for motorcycles. Roll Eyes

Hell yeaah!  Cool

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 11:04:46 AM »

Pretty clean build using a Honda Shadow engine.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 11:22:20 AM »

Or the right side shifter on the old BMW’s.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 11:07:30 AM »

Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 07:41:55 AM »

My panhead was nearly jockey shift until I decided I'd probably forget which bike I was riding and chaos would ensue.

Still have all the parts to do it though....

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 05:53:09 PM »

My panhead was nearly jockey shift until I decided I'd probably forget which bike I was riding and chaos would ensue.

Still have all the parts to do it though....

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say, I highly doubt you confuse riding that beast of a panhead with any other motorcycle.  Evil

triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2021, 10:48:32 AM »

I'm not sure I have enough brain cells left to run a bike with a suicide shift, much less an older one where every appendage you've got has two or three different jobs - on top of the ones we're all used to, old Indains came with throttle on the left and right hand controlling adjustable ignition timing  and feet doing who knows what down there. Or a foot operated oil pump...

Or whatever's going on here:

This blog post (from which I linked the image above) makes my head spin... 

https://occhiolungo.wordpress.com/2010/05/02/riding-an-early-bike-1-myths-about-indians-and-guns/

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2021, 08:25:32 PM »

Oh hell yeaah!

DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2021, 04:37:25 PM »

got to keep this simple?

I had a good laugh seeing my brother-in-laws father (so what does that make him? any-who) custom shift rod attached to the foot shifter on his Honda quad (has auto clutch); ... b-in-law explained in an embarrassed low voice his father never got used to foot shifting; I thought this was the coolest modern suicide shifter; took me 5 minutes to get used to ....

so ya-all could just add a long rod to the foot shift mechanism and "voila" instant suicide shifter (might be a bit more too it but I duno ... ) whos going to ... like Nike says - just do it? whos up!?

.... all the world is yours.
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2021, 06:56:59 AM »

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say, I highly doubt you confuse riding that beast of a panhead with any other motorcycle.  Evil

True. But the primary drive on that thing is a fully open 3" belt, so one less element of danger is a good thing for my feeble brain.  Grin

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: