Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 01:45:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POWER COMMANDER V FOR DUCATI MONSTER 696  (Read 2405 times)
grumpy old skidmark

« on: March 22, 2021, 06:00:49 PM »

Hi
2008 m5 696
developed a problem after i put it into the side of a mountain ,
it hunts when on small throttle openings
local expert sergestes that its cause of all the mods and needs a reflash or a power commander
power commander v for 2008 model is out of stock world wide. will the power commander for the 2009 model work, i can change plugs if i have to
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 06:55:49 PM »

Try Evo Motion Italy.

2015 Scrambler 800
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 12:48:36 PM »

If the problem only happened after the crash then look for another cause. Firstly the bike needs a good tune if the crash caused it. Throttle body settings can get disturbed with a good whack like that, let alone other issues.

What mods were done and did the issue occur after the crash or after the mods? List the mods as intake mods will substantially impact tune.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 12:51:22 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 08:25:25 AM »

If the problem only happened after the crash then look for another cause.
This.

will the power commander for the 2009 model work...
Yes.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
grumpy old skidmark

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 03:07:07 PM »

Hi
well had the power commander fitted, the tech also fitted another black box, reflashed the tune and some time on the dyno, he charged my $1800 oz dollars which i think is way too much!
Sure the bike dose not surge any more, but flat spots, hesitates on quick throttle openings, check engine light comes on especially after a good hard ride then idling at lights, runs like a dog when cold and needs to play with the richener ( i live in the tropics (FNQ)) is no where near as crisp and dose not have that frantic type of acceleration that it had before, i have asked him a couple of times to kill the rev limiter, now it just wont get there, i miss the red flashing dash when I'm dicing with the other bikes.
he is going to put the bike on the dyno again and see if he can make it better, fu@#ing with the ecu has opened a can of worms.
my tech is an 'expert" with dozens of factory certs, I'm hoping he can get it right gone from my favourite bike to my other bike.
grumpy old skidmark

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 03:28:24 PM »

After the crash.
Hi was asked to list mods to my baby, so here goes.
Nearly all carbon fibre panels and engine covers, only fnt guard and seat cover, and a very few small parts to go, all from China, very good quality and finish
led lights fnt and back
led indicators (China)
drop bar, also from china needed some modification to work, suspect I have different top clamp.
K&N air filter
Tormy mufflers, no db limiters
rear set controls also from China , a few different ones now available, love em very adjustable, easy fit, look good. so cheap compared to others.
power commander and mystery black box.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 09:45:08 PM »

Mystery black box may be a PC O2 Optimizer. I really like them. I have used them with a dyno tuned PCV. A great combination imo. Using those devices in combination with a dynotune gave an awesome 10hp/torque increase and much smoother on 1100 motors. Just fitting a PCV with a canned map often doesnt work well and is often too rich at certain rpm/throttle %. Some PCVs required a firmware update too.
$1800 should get you both devices fitted and a proper dual cylinder dyno tune. With that you don't need a reflash. Check if there is a difference between time on a dyno vs an advanced dyno tune. If an O2 Optimiser was used (check on that) then you don't need the reflash and vice versa.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 09:49:52 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 12:50:43 AM »

For $1800 your expert tech should have your PCV and dyno'd Monster running sweet as..... as sweet as.... a very sweet thing.

As Koko has said, should be no need to mess with the ECU if nicely setup with PCV and optimizer(s) on a dyno.  Or.... there's no need for PCV if the ECU has been properly reflashed with appropriate mapping.  (Say's the bloke who run's both).

I think... before scrambling the egg any more, I'd be ensuring the ECU is reflashed back to stock - and then tune with PCV from that known baseline.  And kill the rev limiter?  IIRC M696 limiter kicks in at 10,500rpm.... that's not..... high enough for you?

If you're getting the CEL coming on, clearly the thing aint right.  Ask your tech to tell you what resultant error codes the ECU has logged.  If you report back to us, some of us here may be able to make some sense of those for you.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2021, 04:34:00 AM »

Flashed back to stock, all basic settings confirmed (timing, valve clearance, TPS etc.), compression or cylinder leakage test need to be done. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: