Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 11:28:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ML builds an old truck  (Read 41282 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« on: March 19, 2021, 06:59:32 PM »

I'm on to the next project. I'm currently looking for a late 30's International D series truck. Like a D2 or D30.

Looks like this-

I've been scouring the internet and not finding much.  If anyone knows of of anything like this for sale anywhere in the country please let me know!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 04:53:19 AM by Monsterlover » Logged

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 08:15:31 PM »

I’ll start keeping an eye out around here. Lotta old trucks sitting in backyards etc. What condition is acceptable?

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 03:43:14 AM »

I’ll start keeping an eye out around here. Lotta old trucks sitting in backyards etc. What condition is acceptable?

I don't want nice but I also don't want rotted to nothing. It doesn't have to run since I'll be replacing the entire drive line anyway.

I would prefer something with no title but if it had one that's ok.

Essentially I need the body. I'll build the frame.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 12:53:09 PM »

I put my feelers out.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 01:03:16 PM »

I put my feelers out.

waytogo

I have a lead on a farm full of these in the Midwest.

This is unfolding faster than I was expecting.

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 03:50:38 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/107411354657873/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A15cb8ed5-20df-4a21-a196-82c36c777211

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 04:20:21 PM »

Shocked

I saw that one and had it saved. Great example. No bed though.

Even so, that doesn't disqualify it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 04:28:51 PM by Monsterlover » Logged

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 04:48:35 AM »

I figure it can't be that far from you and it's about as rust free as one can find for that vintage. Esp in the salt belt.

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2021, 05:11:16 AM »

The salt belt. So true. What would I do for a bed on that one?

Keep in mind the end result will be trophy truck like. Or maybe I do something different. This is getting to be like work.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2021, 10:59:27 AM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2021, 11:19:21 AM »

Yeah that video is what started all this. I fell in love with the Art Deco look of that truck.

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2021, 11:22:44 AM »

Keep in mind the end result will be trophy truck like. Or maybe I do something different. This is getting to be like work.

Someone somewhere will sell you a bed, or you can make one if you're so inclined. Depending on what you're putting in it, you'll likely have to cut it anyway.

Doing rust repair is worth avoiding. Buying something you can see first is also pretty nice.

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2021, 11:24:09 AM »

I'm not buying unless I can see it. Some things you can do that with but not this.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2021, 12:02:04 PM »

Rust is like cancer. You have to be really lucky to get rid of it forever.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 04:11:46 AM »

Those old trucks look great with a good wooden bed.

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: