Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 02:40:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Monster  (Read 17821 times)
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2021, 04:13:03 AM »

Makes my desmoquattro S4R look like a fooking' work of art!  Dolph

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2021, 08:48:27 AM »

Makes my desmoquattro S4R look like a fooking' work of art!  Dolph

But your bike is a work of art already Dolph

This Monster refresh seems a bit like the BMW M4 refresh to me (buck teeth). Both vehicles are extremely important to their respective manufacturers, i.e. their most important models. Some like it, most don't, and the crow eating commences and we get a "midcycle refresh" in a couple of years that removes the offending whatever. Happened that way with the BMW Chris Bangle "flame surfacing" of the mid to late 00s.

Where the similarity ends however is Ducati will tell us to go pound sand and this is what the Monster is going forward like it or not. So shut up and eat your beans and rice and be grateful LOL

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2021, 01:38:30 AM »

Let's be honest, Ducati isn't marketing to us. 

I'm not in the market for a new Monster.  Who here likes some other Monster better than the Monster they own?   We all seem to land on The One and all others are heresy.  I well remember the outcry from the old guard when the 'new' Monster of 2008 appeared with it's abbreviated trellis frame.  "Not a proper Monster"... was the outcry.

Those of us who fell in love with the new Not a Proper Monster could only see how gorgeous it is.  My 2009 M1100s is still to me the most beautiful of all of the Monsters before or since.  Other bikes will come and go, but my Monster is a forever keeper.  I suspect many of us here feel that way about our Monsters, whichever Monster it is/was that we fell in love with.

Some new folks will no doubt fall in love with the current new Monster.... and may even join our ranks here.  But my guess is that the current new Monster will be a bike that some folk think is cool and capable and they'll keep it for a while..... before trading it on the next cool and capable offering from Ducati or some other manufacturer. 

You see, building 'keeper' bikes is bad for business.

All that said, it is hideously bland this new KawaHonda Monster though.  They can keep it.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2021, 10:47:55 AM »

Gesundheit

Zshefong-Hu 450 (the grey is a little better...)

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2021, 10:50:54 AM »

Ducati:  Hey MV, can i copy your homework?
MV:  Uh. Sure.

Ducati:  Is this right? 

MV:  Uh..  Sort of.  well.  I guess...

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2021, 01:22:42 PM »

Yep. laughingdp The bike does look like a Chinese copy of the MV.
It's a poor effort imo. I doubt it will sell because hipsters will go for the Scrambler line and people with real money can go for everything else.
The issue for me is the loss of family continuity, but having visited the dealer yesterday, maybe they feel the Monster line was too close to the Scramblers and wanted to diverge. It's as if the Monster got squeezed out from between the Scrambler and the Streetfighter.

I think my 1994 M900 was the most beautiful Monster I have owned. There are styling aspects I dislike about my Evo, e.g., the "weak jaw line" headlight, its "monkey hat" cowl, the "cartoon character" tank cover and I might change them, but I bought it for its engine. At least I can see the family lineage when it's parked next to my 1st gen M750, people often saying they see how I have an "old and a new one". I don't think they would make that connection with the '21 model.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 01:35:30 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2021, 08:54:37 PM »

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/reviews/2021-ducati-monster-review/

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2021, 09:46:40 PM »

Yeah, probably a really good bike.  Thing is most of us didn't buy Monsters because they were really good bikes.  We bought them because we like them.  If I was still riding and looking to buy a replacement for the Monster it would be a Thruxton.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:50:04 PM by howie » Logged
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2021, 11:35:01 AM »

What Coco said.

I like my '13 796 for the engine and the handling... and as an aesthetic aside, the high pipes under the seat.  I miss the full Trellis... but at least it has half a Trellis.

I understand technology moves on... water cooling, for example, is a result of tech (and emissions...  Roll Eyes ) but Ducati has gone completely off the reservation with the new 'Monster.'

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2021, 09:07:59 AM »

Was at my dealer picking up the new fan for my Panigale and he was just starting to uncrate a new Monster.

Both his part time mechanic and I agreed that it was decidedly "OK" looking. Like something Kawasaki or Yamaha had made.
I don't hate it but I also don't love it. Definitely not like my M900i.e.

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: