Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 08:46:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Monster  (Read 17830 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2020, 02:40:55 PM »

Abomination?

Yes.

Send it my way, I seem to have a tendency to take in project bikes I don't really need....  Grin

I was gonna hit him up but the ssfe showed up in my garage.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2020, 03:38:53 PM »

Send it my way, I seem to have a tendency to take in project bikes I don't really need....  Grin

I was gonna hit him up but the ssfe showed up in my garage.
All that needs to happen is for a check to show up in the mail.

It doesn't come with the flatslides...unless the check is appropriately sized. Kiss

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2020, 04:17:00 PM »

All that needs to happen is for a check to show up in the mail.

It doesn't come with the flatslides...unless the check is appropriately sized. Kiss

I put flat slides on the ss. It better have been worth it. Those things were not fun to install.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2020, 05:02:56 PM »

https://www.cyclenews.com/2020/12/article/2021-ducati-monster-first-look/

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2020, 06:20:32 AM »

They need to call it something else. I really don't feel it deserves the name "Monster" Cry

I agree.  I also feel the same way about something like the new mid-engine Corvette... call it something else, please.

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2020, 06:55:21 AM »

They need to call it something else. I really don't feel it deserves the name "Monster" Cry

Yamaha maybe? Kawasaki....

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2020, 05:08:38 AM »

Yamaha maybe? Kawasaki....
..zactly.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2020, 09:32:48 AM »

It's so disconnected from the Monster style that it makes my Evo look classic. The M1200 is still distinctly a Monster in style. Surely an Italian did not design it?

2015 Scrambler 800
Blackout

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2020, 01:12:38 PM »

It's funny how every time they change the styling like when they dropped the trellis subframe all us oldtimers pregnant dog and complain.  Smiley

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2020, 04:07:21 PM »

make the beast with two backsing skinny jeans mothermake the beast with two backsers.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2020, 04:19:14 PM »

laughingdp applause.

The newer styles kept some trellis and a distinctly Monster tank shape with modern interpretation. This is a different, divergent style and not an evolution of a theme. The connection is gone from a style perspective making it unrecognizable. I doubt an Italian designed this and if they did they were over ruled on so many aspects. The bike first appeared in Germany during testing which I think is significant.

2015 Scrambler 800
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2020, 08:18:19 PM »

Designed by their finest accountants maybe...

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Blackout

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2020, 08:55:12 PM »

laughingdp applause.

The newer styles kept some trellis and a distinctly Monster tank shape with modern interpretation. This is a different, divergent style and not an evolution of a theme. The connection is gone from a style perspective making it unrecognizable. I doubt an Italian designed this and if they did they were over ruled on so many aspects. The bike first appeared in Germany during testing which I think is significant.
Can't disagree with that.
But you know in 3 or 4 years from now people will be on this site that own them and raving about how cool they are. And how much soul they have. Know what I mean?

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2020, 02:24:13 AM »

Well the L twin has soul, that's for sure, but I fear the bike has lost it's identity. My hipster customers like the older Monsters for style and like the history, they dont want a regular bike. Ducatis should not look so generic. The 2021 Monster will be viewed historically like the 999 imo.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 02:26:16 AM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2020, 08:53:51 AM »

Well the L twin has soul, that's for sure, but I fear the bike has lost it's identity. My hipster customers like the older Monsters for style and like the history, they dont want a regular bike. Ducatis should not look so generic. The 2021 Monster will be viewed historically like the 999 imo.

I was just about to bring up the 999. Good thing I read all the comments to the end here. I remember when that bike came out I didn't care for the look very much and the Ducati community seemed to despise it. After the 999 the 1098 design brought things back closer to the 996 that we know and love.

Since then I feel like the Ducati community has grown to accept the 999 the same as I did. I did own one after all.

That being said. I would be surprised if the Ducati community ever fully accepted this current design of the "Monster"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: