Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 09:43:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Monster  (Read 17789 times)
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 09:25:08 PM »

My guess is this is the replacement for the 821 and the bigger to come at a later date.  Anyway, good engineering I guess.  Me like?   vomit
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2020, 08:35:26 AM »

I feel like I'm looking at a Triumph Speed Triple from 2005

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2020, 08:46:30 AM »

Looks like if you want a Monster, you'll have to buy either a Suzuki SV650 or a Brutale.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Blackout

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2020, 08:58:45 AM »

I feel like I'm looking at a Triumph Speed Triple from 2005

I love the frame on my 05 Speed Triple.

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2020, 09:08:36 AM »

I love the frame on my 05 Speed Triple.

The frames are cool. I wasn't really commenting on the frame. More the fact that from the top of the tank to the bottom of the engine case just melds into one solid mass.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 01:26:39 PM »

Well, so much for lusting for a new Monster for the foreseeable future.....  Tongue

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2020, 01:34:41 PM »

Well, so much for lusting for a new Monster for the foreseeable future.....  Tongue

Rehab an old one. They need love too.

Blackout

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2020, 02:13:11 PM »

^Yep, I should really put mine back in order. Needs a rear shock and if I was really smart I'd put a different engine in it (it has about 77k miles on it but still runs strong). Told this story here before but many years ago a friend of mine looped it and broke off the kickstand where it bolts into the engine. I've had it welded a few times but it never holds up for long. Also have cracks on both sides of the trellis frame so I could have those re-welded while putting in a new engine.

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2020, 03:55:31 AM »

Honestly, it looks like a Chinese copy. Headlight is good, however . The broken back line of the tank and frame is very bad and the blocked out motor and angular shapes don't speak Italian or Ducati Monster. A very generic Japanese, Korean or Chinese design. Any connection to the historic design is lost. The lack of respect for the history is a serious error.

I think we have discussed how the Scrambler is the new Monster.

So glad I have an Evo.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 03:59:59 AM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2020, 04:51:01 AM »

vomit vomit vomit

That's just terrible. To be honest though? I haven't liked the Monster design for a while now. Certainly wouldn't buy any of the recent models. If I were in the market for a new Ducati, I would be looking at the scrambler for sure.

But I'm not. Instead, my 2006 s2r1k is getting new suspension and a big bore kit for its 14th birthday.  Dolph Dolph

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2020, 05:51:15 AM »

vomit vomit vomit

That's just terrible. To be honest though? I haven't liked the Monster design for a while now. Certainly wouldn't buy any of the recent models. If I were in the market for a new Ducati, I would be looking at the scrambler for sure.

But I'm not. Instead, my 2006 s2r1k is getting new suspension and a big bore kit for its 14th birthday.  Dolph Dolph

Shocked

drool

Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2020, 06:10:01 AM »

If I was looking to replace a first generation Monster it would be a Triumph Thruxton.
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2020, 06:26:26 AM »

I think we have discussed how the Scrambler is the new Monster.

I'm kind of getting that feeling meself. I understand technology marches on, I got that... but I think the Monster should have the Trellis frame, even if it's a half-frame like my '13 has.  I'm not really a big fan of water-cooled Monsters, either, but I know that's dead because of stupid emissions.

*Goes out to garage and hugs, air-cooled, 2v, Desmo, SSS, high-pipe 796 Monster, and whispers sweet nothings into it's air intake...*

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2020, 08:59:12 AM »

If I was looking to replace a first generation Monster it would be a Triumph Thruxton.
waytogo
Also on my list of "if i had to..."

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2020, 09:47:06 AM »

There are still good preowned Monsters out there. Everybody should get out and adopt another one, as two is one and one is none. Me, I want to find a 620 with an aluminum swingarm and twin goldlines from the factory. Pull it apart, do it up in a concrete gray w/ red trellis color scheme, black stripe down the shiny side. Try to find some Senna wheels for it. Cartridge fork upgrade, rear Penske 8987.

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: