Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 15, 2024, 10:46:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FatDuc and other ECU manipulators  (Read 2165 times)
cencalal

« on: December 01, 2020, 01:40:26 PM »

I have the FatDuc O2 sensor manipulator on my M695 and it's really worked well to smooth out the lower end performance, especially on warm up.  Best $75 I've ever spent.  Now I'm having the same problem with my 2010 Hyper 796, but there's no FatDuc for Ducatis with the Siemens ECU, which apparently includes the M696, 1100, the Hyper 796 and others.  But there is the MemJet module that apparently alters the signal from the temp sensor (?) to manipulate these ECUs to add more fuel, similar to the FatDuc (which alters the O2 sensor signals).
The Memjet works with the stock electronics/sensors and is adjustable to work with additional intake and exhaust mods.

The same company, Jetprime    https://jetprime.com.au/   makes another module - Oxymett -  but says it manipulates the O2 sensor signals to achieve the same result.  It's about $40 cheaper...

Anyone have experience with these, or any other similar product?  I'd like to avoid having my ECU reflashed - dyno testing is not available near me.  
Thanks
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 04:13:55 PM by cencalal » Logged
greenmonster

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 07:22:05 AM »

Any mods on breathing?
Ecu flashed w Ducati Performance map usually work well,
it also has some ignition alterations for better driveability.

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 08:15:11 PM »

I'm aware of Oxymett and it probably works fine.

Here is another option, Smartmoto O2 Eliminators, then add your PCV and dyno the whole rpm range. Makes for a very smooth bike without the O2 sensors second guessing you.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 04:47:45 AM »

I'm aware of Oxymett and it probably works fine.

Here is another option, Smartmoto O2 Eliminators, then add your PCV and dyno the whole rpm range. Makes for a very smooth bike without the O2 sensors second guessing you.
You must have missed the part where he said...
dyno testing is not available near me. 
Thanks

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 05:35:05 AM »

I forgot that even though I did read it awhile back. No excuse. bang head
So no dyno available, and not wanting to reflash. Since we don't know your bikes mods, I would strongly suggest avoiding any intake mods. Stick to nothing more than slip on pipes and keep the db killers in.

A PCV with a canned map for your mods is an option , but I've had to dyno every canned map I've come across, so it can be a gamble. That kind of puts you in the reflash range of issues which you don't want. At least most canned maps for the PCV are cheap or free while changing reflash maps can get expensive.

Be interested to see how the device works.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
cencalal

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 11:45:54 AM »

The Oxymet and Memjet are Italian products and I couldn't find the English version of their website, so I emailed their Australian branch.  They were prompt and answered my questions about the difference between the two units.  I ordered up a Memjet from an Italian Ebay store two weeks ago and it's "on the way".  I decided on the Memjet - now called Memjet Evo, even though they haven't changed it for the ten years they've been making them - because it's adjustable.  I have a full two into one exhaust system on now using the baffle (enlarged the holes a bit) that came with the Leo Vince muffler, but no intake mods - yet.  Fun project so far - upgraded suspension, lowered a bit to fit me, single 320mm front rotor like I did on the M695.  I'll update when the module arrives from the Old Country. 
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 06:23:25 PM »

waytogo
Subscribed. Smiley

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: