Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 12:32:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greenies Strike Again!  (Read 3557 times)
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2021, 04:11:36 AM »

The video says 80 ft/lbs of torque.  That would mean a really low RPM motor.  Too lazy to do the math.

Directionals need to be 9" apart to be legal.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 07:03:53 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
GregP

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2021, 06:50:01 AM »

Dirt bikes are a natural fit for electric motors as its all about low end grunt. This would allow for MX tracks in urban and more populated areas since the noise issue would be eradicated. Recharging at the track would be the only infrastructure issue beyond finding an empty lot.

Makes me miss riding at the MX park but the 2 hour drive got old and my daughter grew up making a day at the track less fun without my moto partner.

That’s her in my profile pic. One of our first days at the track when she was 6 or 7 years old. Good times!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 06:52:28 AM by GregP » Logged

Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.
caperix

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2021, 05:56:41 AM »

I agree dirt bikes are a perfect fit for low speed grunt that electric motors produce.  How is the run time vs charge time on them?  If they take 8 hours to charge that could be another limitation, maybe a good application for swappable batteries?  The noise & pollution reduction allowing them in more urban areas is also a big plus, I wonder if electric off road rigs will allow reclaiming of some of the off road parks as well?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: