Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 01:03:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clutch Master Cylinder Rebuild, '99 M900, 13mm MC  (Read 1291 times)
QueenieLizzie

« on: October 30, 2020, 03:26:34 PM »

Thanks in advance for any advice! and here's a pic of the monster in question to make up for all the boring pics of parts!

Hello everybody! I’ve perused the forum and haven’t found an answer... if you can point me in the right direction it’s appreciated.
 After several months of decaying clutch lever performance, flushing/bleeding the fluid, replacing and then rebuilding the slave cylinder (long story), and having a mechanic check it out (his advice after getting it to maintain pressure overnight was see how it works out and get ready to rebuild the MC).  I got the kit & have undertaken to do the work myself. I’ve gotten it disassembled, mostly.
I’m stuck on the retaining ring. The instructions that came with the kit, and everything I can find online, mention a spring clip.  The kit doesn’t have a spring clip, and there isn’t one in the MC. Instead there’s an aluminum ring that looks like it presses into place?? But if so how do I get the old one out?

Also, I notice that this o-ring seems to be cracked on the inlet. Should I replace and if so, how do I get the fitting out? And is this a generic o-ring I could pick up at a hardware store?

greenmonster

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 05:51:55 AM »

http://forums.ducatipaso.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8289

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
QueenieLizzie

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 11:02:56 AM »

Thank you! That’s lots of good info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: