Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 04:33:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bypassing immobilizer through creative wiring...  (Read 10724 times)
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2020, 06:29:11 PM »

I feel stoopid.

With a charged battery, I got it to crank exactly once before the battery gave up.  So, I think my battery is fubar...

More research tomorrow

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
ajw85

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2020, 07:25:27 AM »

If you can't find a proper XDF, we can dig through your BIN and find the hex address to change. All the different Monster models seem to have the immobilizer bit in a different location but its a very similar pattern. If we find the pattern we can find the immobilizer address.
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2020, 09:53:24 AM »

Fuel pump working.  No random flashing of LED on the dash.  Bike cranks exactly once before the battery dies.

So, I found the issue.  Battery on order.

Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2020, 09:05:58 AM »

Just to put a final note on this:

I never tried anything for wiring.  My battery had an internal short, measured 13~VDC but when you threw a significant amperage load at it, it shorted inside but my gauges didn’t even flicker.

Replaced battery.  Bike works fine now.

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2020, 07:10:06 PM »

waytogo

2015 Scrambler 800
refupete

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2021, 11:57:52 PM »

I'm also looking to bypass the immobilizer on my m695 the instrument cluster is done for and I want to switch it out for an after market one. Any help would be great thanks
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2021, 06:16:30 AM »

I'm also looking to bypass the immobilizer on my m695 the instrument cluster is done for and I want to switch it out for an after market one. Any help would be great thanks

It never happened.  I never got the bike re-wired around the immobilizer.  I had an internally shorted battery.

Further discussions (via the phone) indicated that more chicanery was going on inside the ecu with regard to injectors not being pulsed, so there really isn’t a way around the immobilizer through wiring.

If you’re seeking help, best to start a mew thread and outline all your concerns & present condition of items like battery, key(s), key halo & gauges.  Also any known history of the bike will help.

RB

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2021, 06:33:04 AM »

If you want to bypass/turn off the immobilizer check out JPDiag to gain access to the ECU and turn it off. I haven’t tried it but the software and dongles are cheap. This will also allow you to change some other things and load on a new tune if you want. There are other softwares like this, but I only have minor experience with JPDiag.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: