Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 05:44:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dune  (Read 3251 times)
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2021, 12:39:41 PM »

So, I'm a bit late to the party.  I listened to book one through Audible and I'm wondering if I "read" the same thing you all did.

I hated it.  I finished the book and had no desire to ever listen to the rest of the story.  I'll see the movie when it's available online but that's about all I can handle.  Undecided

Read the books. You'll thank me.

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2021, 12:50:58 PM »

It would be the same thing I just listened to. There's no way I'd ever repeat that process.

I'd sooner mount the Care Bear as a hood ornament on the mustang before subjecting myself to that book again. 

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Ddan
Some of my best friends are whores

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2021, 01:47:06 PM »

I tried to, years ago.  I got maybe 2/3 of the way through and realized I wasn't at all enjoying it, just turning pages to try and finish it.  That was it.  The movie was less effort, but no better.

2000 Monster 900Sie, a few changes
1992 900 SS, currently a pile of parts.  Now running
                    flogged successfully  NHMS  12 customized.  Twice.   T3 too. 
Ducati Monster Forum at
www.ducatimonsterforum.org
booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2021, 12:56:18 PM »

Is it so wrong of me to have loved the David Lynch version?  Lips Sealed

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2021, 05:16:23 PM »

I read the 1st book in the series in my teens. Came back and read it again as an adult, along with all the other books in the series (sequels and prequels.) One of my all time favorite SciFi adventures!

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2021, 08:53:17 AM »

I finished it in December in the anticipation of the movie which is now delayed.

I really liked the world building and story.  The writing was a little meh, but what are you gonna do.  Not sure I'll continue to subsequent books in the series but I'm glad I read the first.

Now that I see Apple has a Foundation series coming based on the Asimov series, I may tackle that classic.  Hmmm....

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 04:02:59 AM »

May I suggest Wool, Shift & Dust (The Silo Trilogy)

Mind blowing. At least it was for me.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2021, 12:45:21 PM »

I finished it in December in the anticipation of the movie which is now delayed.

I really liked the world building and story.  The writing was a little meh, but what are you gonna do.  Not sure I'll continue to subsequent books in the series but I'm glad I read the first.

Now that I see Apple has a Foundation series coming based on the Asimov series, I may tackle that classic.  Hmmm....

Asimovs Foundation series is another great one!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: