Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 06:09:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Stelvio Pass  (Read 676 times)
paso87

« on: September 01, 2020, 06:45:49 PM »

Early this year I posted a link of a motorcycle going up the Stelvio Pass in Italy.  I found this article today of a bicyclist riding up the Stelvio.  The pictures are amazing. The first picture of the pass at sun down or right after sundown is awesome.  48 hairpin corners and 6000 feet of elevation change. As I said before this is a definite bucket list ride.  Stelvio and the Grosslockner are passes that have to be on the top of a riders bucket list.

http://allthosewhowanderarenotlost.eu/sports/riding-passo-dello-stelvio/

https://www.grossglockner.at/gg/en/index (I am not sure if the Grosslockner is closed to Motorcycles due to snow but I am going to have to check and see if it changes or Motorcycles are not allowed on it anymore) sure would be a bummer if that is the case.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 11:08:20 AM »

I remember one of my first times at the 'giogo' (summit, ridge)  Dolph  I was a little hero in my own mind.... until the first cyclist arrived from the opposite side. Damn! Those are the heroes!

The Grossglockner hochalpenstrasse (high alpine road) offer MUCH better riding. Less steep and with wider turns. In the old days they raced there, on gravel, much like the classic Pikes Peak. Season start/finish and opening hours are different for different vehicles. Mostly to allow everyone off the mountain before dark and after/before any rain freezes.

Bucket list roads? Yes  waytogo

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: