Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 11:12:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monsterlover rejoins the fold  (Read 37850 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2020, 03:56:19 AM »

Was it OEM?

I wasn't saying that they get out of adjustment. Getting it set ,optimally, can be the challenge.

Well.. It is oem.

But, it also used to be a 39.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2020, 04:03:12 AM »

Well.. It is oem.

But, it also used to be a 39.
My point is that KTM had already done the jetting work from, most likely, intensive dyno time.

With all the jet possibilities/combinations available on the Keihins it could be easy to get lost. Would be for me. Maybe you'll bolt them on and they'll be perfect, or close enough. If not Tony and Nick have seat of the pants experience with them.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2020, 04:24:22 AM »

I'm crossing my fingers. I do not look forward to ever reinstalling the air box.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2020, 04:40:01 AM »

I'm crossing my fingers. I do not look forward to ever reinstalling the air box.
That's a miserable job regardless of which carbs are in there.

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2020, 06:02:34 AM »

That's a miserable job regardless of which carbs are in there.

I can see why pod filters are a thing.

Would losing the air box as an air reservoir change things?

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2020, 08:29:31 AM »

Would this work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264181749557

Speeddog, sorry man. You've been really hard to get ahold of. I wanted to buy that shock and a spring for it from you but I need to keep this project moving along.

Shock and fork rebuild are all that's keeping this thing from rolling down the road. That and any unknown issues Grin

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2020, 08:47:31 AM »

Would this work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264181749557

Speeddog, sorry man. You've been really hard to get ahold of. I wanted to buy that shock and a spring for it from you but I need to keep this project moving along.

Shock and fork rebuild are all that's keeping this thing from rolling down the road. That and any unknown issues Grin

Sorry, I've been distracted.
Give me a call when you've got a chance, lots to discuss...

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2020, 08:57:27 AM »

I can see why pod filters are a thing.

Would losing the air box as an air reservoir change things?
It would change the jetting requirements. Whether or not it increases, or decreases, power I can't say. I don't think it would change much at the revs an SS maxes out at. It'll sure make a lot more noise.

perspective

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2020, 03:01:28 PM »

Sorry, I've been distracted.
Give me a call when you've got a chance, lots to discuss...

Great talking to you today.

I just remembered, I need a set of front brake pads added to your list. Leaking forks oiled them.

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2020, 04:01:54 PM »

Great talking to you today.

I just remembered, I need a set of front brake pads added to your list. Leaking forks oiled them.

Likewise!  chug

I'll get a set, easy.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #235 on: November 29, 2020, 01:09:57 PM »

Back at it since more parts came in.

Got the late model shock installed with a spring for my weight.

Rear hugger is on. Though, I'm pretty sure The hugger that I had was from a later model injected bike. The mounting point for the chain guard doesn't line up with the chain guard that I have. But it will do for now.

Started working on fork rebuilds as well. Got some racetech springs to put in there as well as new seals.  I got through the first one with a few minor issues. But it's back together. It seems to work although the rebound adjuster has to be screwed past where the clickers stop clicking in order to do anything. The head of the rebound adjuster is about maybe three to four millimeters recessed into the fork cap.  I have no idea if this is how they were before I took them apart. I backed everything all the way out before disassembly.

Working on the second fork, I have all the guts out and I'm trying to separate the inner and outer tubes. I am not having much luck. I can tell from debris inside the outer tube that I am basically skiving the inner bushing through the outer bushing.

I can see the oil seal is starting to make its way out and it's about flush with where the snap ring sits but I cannot get it to move any further.

Does anyone have any tricks or tips for separating fork tubes that don't want to come apart?  I was hoping to get this second one done today and have them both installed but I don't think that's going to happen.  This sucker is stuck good.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #236 on: November 29, 2020, 01:23:54 PM »

You should probably start a thread in tech about the issues.

Me? I'd send them to Eric. Wink

perspective

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #237 on: November 29, 2020, 01:28:43 PM »

I can't quit now. I've come too far.

Off to tech..

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2020, 01:33:53 PM »

Keep fixing them...

until they're broke. Tongue

perspective

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #239 on: November 29, 2020, 01:37:20 PM »

Keep fixing them...

until they're broke. Tongue

It's already broke. I'm just trying not to break it more.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: