Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 12:52:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing to aftermarket turn signals  (Read 1263 times)
cencalal

« on: July 23, 2020, 09:21:35 AM »

I picked up a 2010 Hypermotard 796 and have been unable to get any questions answered at the forum for this model at Ducati.ms - I hope it's ok to ask here. I've gotten lots of good help with the M695 here, and these bikes have much in common.
The Hypers have those complicated handguard/mirror/turn indicator contraptions - I called them donkey ears over at the Hyper forum, which is probably why no one there will talk to me.  I've taken those off for a conventional setup which will allow me to fit some narrower handlebars.  This bike has LED indicators in the handguards and incandescent bulbs in the rear signals.  I wonder why. You can program the dash to either LED or bulb at the rear.  I had some cheap Ebay LED signals so I made up some connectors and tried them in the front, but they don't work - maybe a current draw problem?  Or maybe I wired them wrong?  Are there aftermarket indicators that are plug and play for these bikes?   Some are specified "front right, rear left" etc - what's that about? 
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 10:08:56 AM by cencalal » Logged
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 02:37:24 PM »

Both Ducati Performance and aftermarket stores have mirrors with integrated turn signals that let you remove the brittle hand guards and flimsy flip out mirrors.
DP part no: 96987208B (1100 model) for turn signal mirrors, Monsterparts has some special prices on remaining stock of integrated mirrors.
DP 96788810B for real hand guards if you want them or get something from the Barkbuster range.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:42:45 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: