Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 12:34:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from an old/new DMFer  (Read 1830 times)
J3

« on: August 07, 2020, 06:38:19 PM »

Hi to all the new folks and to some of the folks I remember from more than a decade ago.

My name is Joe and I ride a 2007 S2R1000...again!

I bought a silver/black '07 S2R1k new in late '06, kept it until the tank started deforming and I sold her in 2009. Fast forward through 2 baccalaureate degrees, a Ph.D, marriage, our first house, and a handful of unfulfilling years teaching biological sciences and there is finally an '07 S2R1k back in my garage (red/white this time). I changed careers late last year and began as a motorcycle tech at an Indian, BMW, and Ducati dealership and have since moved up to become the parts manager at the beginning of July*.

The new bike's tank is in fantastic shape thanks to the availability of non-ethanol gas in these parts. Just under 8k miles with a valve check and new belts last year. The only mods are a full termi system without O2 sensors (no MIL, race reflash?), bar end mirrors, and bar risers (which my now aging back is grateful for).

Since I bought it, I broke my right ring finger and the plates haven't arrived yet (thanks COVID) so I'll be waiting a bit longer to get back in the saddle. Sad

It's a little sad to see that forum activity has died down from the olden days (OG 2008 here), but I'm glad the forum is still alive bacon

I have a few questions about brands I don't recognize, but I'll ask those in the appropriate forum. I'm surprised that nearly every DP part for my bike is discontinued/no longer available from Ducati.

*I don't want to run afoul the advertising rules, so I won't mention the dealership name. Please don't PM/email looking for discounts, with COVID going around margins are slim enough already.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 11:32:39 PM »

Welcome back chug

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 06:58:37 PM »

Hello...  Again.  Life is a strange trip sometimes.  Be well, ride safe.

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: