Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 04:46:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LED headlight 1st gen monster  (Read 1566 times)
Alexaskmo

« on: July 20, 2020, 12:19:04 PM »

Help with headlight for my s2r1k

I want to upgrade to a LED headlight and there are a couple of 600 euro alternatives which I’m looking at. My reasoning is if they cost that much maybe the quality is that good. Do you guys know of any good brands that don’t cost an arm and a leg and still work flawlessly 5 years after installation? I don’t need anything fancy like progressive lighting, don’t drive in the dark so much but want to lighten the load on the electrical system.

Let me know if your best tips Smiley

Best,
Alex
Heath

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 07:58:43 AM »

www.motodemic.com
https://motodemic.com/shop/led-headlight-for-ducati-monster/
Brad puts together a great kit with JW Speaker lights. The cost is worth it because the quality is top notch. I ran a non progressive for 4 years and now have the progressive. I do ride at night so with was worth the upgrade for me. 
Evo S is his non progressive headlight made by JW Speaker for Motodemic. Not sure what international shipping is but I would think it would still be under 600 euro all together.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
Alexaskmo

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 09:21:59 AM »

Cool! Thanks, check them out. Smiley
bagodoosh

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 03:26:43 PM »

do you have the metal bucket?

if so, you can purchase either

and get ANY 7" harley LED headlamp. there are a lot of cheap chinese ones with poor light output though.

want to lighten the load on the electrical system.

any load taken off will be put on the rectifier to turn into heat. unless you intent on adding additional load (such as grip warmers, camera, etc) there's no need to lighten the load.
Alexaskmo

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 08:08:50 PM »

do you have the metal bucket?

if so, you can purchase either

and get ANY 7" harley LED headlamp. there are a lot of cheap chinese ones with poor light output though.

any load taken off will be put on the rectifier to turn into heat. unless you intent on adding additional load (such as grip warmers, camera, etc) there's no need to lighten the load.

Great!

Thanks for that info! Smiley
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 04:43:41 AM »

Any news on how this went? Pics?

For a low cost, low effort alternative I used a Phillips high performance +130 globe. With possibly beefed up wiring you can get an excellent result. These globes were highly rated by friends in the industry as actually making a difference. Upgraded headlight wiring and earth cables can give a good platform for whatever lighting mods you choose.

My night vision ain't what it used to be but I can really see a difference with these mods.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: