Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:26:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No more Arai & SHOEI helmet from oversea vendors (to US)  (Read 3898 times)
S21FOLGORE

« on: July 15, 2020, 10:28:27 PM »

Everything has a beginning and an end.
Life is just a cycle of them.
There are endings that we don't desire but are inevitable.

There was no official announcement.
They (Arai and SHOEi) just started, sometime in this spring, enforcing "buy / sell officially imported helmet only" rule.
(So, it took me a while to figure it out.)

Now, the online motorcycle retailers who sell Arai & SHOEI helmets to oversea customers, DON'T sell the (Arai / SHOEI) helmets AND genuine Arai / SHOEI parts & accessories to US customers.

What it means is ...

No more JDM helmet from Japan. (Sad news for those who have high CI head.)
(Also, no more JDM only cool accessories such as tinted (genuine SHOEI) face shield for GT-Air ...)

No more EU spec helmet (less $$$ than North American market version) from Netherlands (Chromeburner / Champion helmet).

The world is certainly changing.
For many, many years, we could buy helmets from oversea vendors easily.
(Some did it for saving money. Some did it for the proper fitment.)
Those days are over.

For many, many years, we could buy "off-road use only" (race use only) parts (exhaust system) and slap them on our (street) motorcycles, get the bike on dyno, ride everywhere as if that's perfectly normal thing to do.
Now, that is over, in California, anyway.
You know COMOTO (parent company of  Revzilla & Cycle Gear) was fined $2million ...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 10:36:57 PM by S21FOLGORE » Logged
amcjen

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 06:05:53 AM »

Interesting, do you have a source for the COMOTO fine?
S21FOLGORE

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 07:35:52 AM »

Here's the link

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/revzilla-cycle-emissions-fine-carb-california/?fbclid=IwAR30APx1Y9tfhnw1G1g4ARKA7qW6yDKkAcxbiJk5pgYH__3m2nLSbZ23OfA
S21FOLGORE

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 03:06:32 PM »

Just FYI, as far as I know, it has nothing to do with counterfeit helmet.

It's just for the purpose of maintaining / ensureing the level field for the retailers, and keeping their products value.

Rev'it, for example, does this too.
If you try to buy their product from online oversea retailers, your cart turns red, saying " we cannot ship to your location."

Also, some things go the other way round.
People try to buy something from US online retailers, the cart turns red as soon as they enter the location.
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 11:15:19 AM »

Now, that is over, in California, anyway.

Well... CA has been working on strangling the aftermarket market for a long time... no more 2-strokes, no modded exhaust, and probably a zillion other things.  They completely castrated the large truck market by not allowing older trucks without exhaust regen to get grandfathered in.

There is also another angle to this... and that is the vendors themselves.  I work in the swimming pool industry, where the big 3 manufacturers have (finally) stopped letting nobodies sell their product for cheap on the internet without being a genuine retailer.  It was killing the actual wholesalers, by undercutting their prices, and creating absolute havoc in the service industry where customers (the end users) would buy for cheap online, then want someone to put it in for them... and... here's the kicker... warrant it when it went bad.  Those of us with any code of professionalism quit installing owner-supplied appliances because of it... and the manufacturers realized they were creating bad blood with their #1 ally... the service companies.

The helmet and accessory market is different, of course, but I'll bet protecting their legit distributors is what is driving this.  Distributors get very testy over their particular areas... understandably.  Trying to compete against the EU, for example, is not fair, and often vice versa.

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: