Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 02:31:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear brakes issue 15’ Monster 821  (Read 2390 times)
Monster722

« on: June 16, 2020, 04:11:49 AM »

Hi guys!

There’s another issue with my monster(( For some reason rear brakes not working. I went to service and had it bleed few times, but after 1 week all the same. The brakes gradually disappears.
I’ve already changed master cylinder (62540201A). Nothing changed though.

To make it clear the caliper was positioned upwards during bleed and brakes were working fine right after the service.

I’ve been in 4 different services nobody knows the reason. Even official Ducati dealers says they have no idea what is the cause of problem. Everyone says it’s normal for Ducati. I would agree with it and don’t care much if they work for at least a couple of months. But brakes disappeared 1 week after bleeding.

PS
I’ve duplicate this post to another Ducati forums as well

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

‘14 Monster 796 ABS
‘15 Monster 821
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 04:28:16 AM »

Somewhat common, yes.  Normal?  No.

You can have a leak small enough to allow air in, but not leak fluid.  I suspect your problem is the caliper.  Unfortunately I Don't know a way to positively diagnose that other than replace.
Monster722

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 04:55:58 AM »

Somewhat common, yes.  Normal?  No.

You can have a leak small enough to allow air in, but not leak fluid.  I suspect your problem is the caliper.  Unfortunately I Don't know a way to positively diagnose that other than replace.
I’ve read somewhere that downwards facing caliper may be the issue. Will wait for some more replies, if no other solution suggested then probably will change caliper((

Really a shame that Ducati don’t give any solution, though official dealers send them a lot of messages concerning this issue.

‘14 Monster 796 ABS
‘15 Monster 821
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 09:07:10 AM »

Brake line routed close to exhaust somewhere?

2015 Scrambler 800
d3vi@nt

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 12:29:58 PM »

Common issue with the Mutli's from 2010 and up. Service bulletin was updated to instruct not only invert the caliper so the bleed nipple is upward, but also free the brake line so you can then lift the caliper as high as possible and secure to the frame to ensure it's the high point, then bleed as normal.

Others have gone a step further to recommend then activating the ABS 10 times, then bleeding again using the same procedure as above.

Good luck!

'13 MTS GT
'99 ST2
'07 M695 - Sold
Monster722

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 12:58:17 PM »

Common issue with the Mutli's from 2010 and up. Service bulletin was updated to instruct not only invert the caliper so the bleed nipple is upward, but also free the brake line so you can then lift the caliper as high as possible and secure to the frame to ensure it's the high point, then bleed as normal.

Others have gone a step further to recommend then activating the ABS 10 times, then bleeding again using the same procedure as above.

Good luck!
Few times In service they lifted it up like you say. It took about an hour to make it work. But it last for a few weeks.

What exactly meant by activating ABS? Should I take a ride around service and break hard to activate ABS?

‘14 Monster 796 ABS
‘15 Monster 821
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 03:55:30 PM »

Please remove the Tapatalk signature from your phone... http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=73379.msg1351052#msg1351052

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 05:01:04 PM »

If air is trapped in the ABS pump it is difficult, though not impossible to bleed without activating the valves.  The reason I am guessing caliper is after bleeding you have a good pedal.
Stuka Pilot

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 06:32:29 AM »

Known problem for 821/1200 M models.

Ducati have released an updated rear brake line which 'fixes' this.

They swapped the rear brake line on my 1200R under warranty, although technically the warranty had expired. Since replacing the line, the rear brake has stayed good.
Monster722

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 09:03:16 PM »

Known problem for 821/1200 M models.

Ducati have released an updated rear brake line which 'fixes' this.

They swapped the rear brake line on my 1200R under warranty, although technically the warranty had expired. Since replacing the line, the rear brake has stayed good.

Do you have updated lines OEM number?

‘14 Monster 796 ABS
‘15 Monster 821
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: