Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 02:36:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: another Ducati 1000 build....  (Read 42565 times)
buzzer

« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2020, 10:40:03 AM »

I like this hydrographics, I may do my helmet soon, there are some nice films out there!  here is a link to a 2 min video of how its done in the back garden with an Ikea box!  if you don't like fake carbon...  don't click the link!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 08:21:30 AM by buzzer » Logged
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2020, 03:37:17 AM »

Came up well. Look great and "real" to me.

2015 Scrambler 800
buzzer

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2020, 07:34:19 AM »

Came up well. Look great and "real" to me.
Thanks, I like the look of it, but its not for everyone...

Done a few jobs in preparation for the start… put the jets in the carbs, started with what I think will be rich to be on the safe side… made a stay for the oil cooler, and made the ignition leads. I have had that crimp tool since I was 20… so its 45 years old! it does make nice crimps on the leads though. I have used copper core leads, and resistor plugs to keep the neighbours happy! *The hydro dipping came out quite good...

buzzer

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2020, 01:11:11 AM »

Try as I might I just couldn’t get the fuel pipes to run correctly with a standard flat “T” piece… the bends in the pipe were too tight. so I ended up making a custom one out of brass… took a few hours…

buzzer

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2020, 09:00:52 AM »

My clutch covers plates are back from the laser cutters… he turned it around in a day...  he said he has hardly any work as all his customers are having a hard time...  its tough out there...  Sad Over the last couple of years I have been learning CAD… Its not an intuitive package and I get frustrated, but get there in the end!

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2020, 01:20:25 PM »

Try as I might I just couldn’t get the fuel pipes to run correctly with a standard flat “T” piece… the bends in the pipe were too tight. so I ended up making a custom one out of brass… took a few hours…

That's quite a trinket. waytogo

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

buzzer

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2020, 03:43:07 AM »

The seat pad came back from Aldridge trimming and as usual Karen did a fantastic job… she said she was not asked for orange stitching very often! next job was to make the fuel filter holder… this took some thinking about due to the position, and the fact I wanted it to be secure… In the end I machined a clip out of nylon. there is an annular grove which stops the filter moving, its very secure

started it up yesterday… it actually started first time!… but it didn’t run well… A quick check on the timing revealed it was significantly out. Looks like I made a calculation error in placing the magnets. rather than re-make the timing wheel, I slotted the mounting holes on the miller. A simple job, but it took ages to set it up! This of course meant that I had to turn off the original timing marks and scribe some new ones. I used a pointer and timing disc in the lathe to do this. the marks were scribed using a sharp tool, drawn across the surface with the cross slide. I think that way they are pretty accurate! here is a short video of it running.

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2020, 07:21:40 PM »

Great work as usual, clean as. Have you considered an alloy crankcase breather box with internal oil seperator baffle between the breather valve and filter? Spun or welded I'd like to see what you do based on your high standards. It's best practice and adds some faux crankcase volume while reducing any oil hiccups.
Go on. Grin
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 07:29:38 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2020, 07:28:36 PM »

Loving these wish I could by it in a store quality home made parts.

Great work as usual, clean as. Have you considered an alloy crankcase breather box with internal oil seperator baffle between the breather valve and filter? Spun or welded I'd like to see what you do based on your high standards. It's best practice and adds some faux crankcase volume while reducing any oil hiccups. Go on. Grin

Great idea!
buzzer

« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2020, 04:52:14 AM »

Great work as usual, clean as. Have you considered an alloy crankcase breather box with internal oil seperator baffle between the breather valve and filter? Spun or welded I'd like to see what you do based on your high standards. It's best practice and adds some faux crankcase volume while reducing any oil hiccups.
Go on. Grin

never thought about that... any links to one thats been done?

yesterday’s job was to make some velocity stacks for the FCR’s… first time in many years I have done some free hand turning (just like wood turning) to get the shape of the curved entry right. took ages to bet both to match the plastic one… the new ones will enable me to use filters as its important on the road in particular as the carbs face forward…

last update for a little while as its my 65th birthday tomorrow and I am having a week off apparently :lol

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2020, 11:31:30 PM »

Cheers for your birthday chug.

I've seen some breather boxes about but I think they were carbon units for Superbikes. 

Great work on the stacks, very nice.

2015 Scrambler 800
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2020, 01:22:48 AM »

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiFjPWY3a7sAhXVfCsKHRaEDMMYABARGgJzZg&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASE-Ros1kMcZmIUgZHxMRkhhS2ATE&sig=AOD64_3OmKPD2PN-dyBw7n1pxBk2Dccr1g&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjo_O-Y3a7sAhU_wTgGHQawCMYQwg96BAgFECE&adurl=

2015 Scrambler 800
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2020, 05:38:57 AM »

Happy Birthday chug
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2020, 12:38:03 PM »

Bunch of old farts in this thread. Grin

Happy Birthday!

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

buzzer

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2020, 05:24:05 AM »

thanks for the Birthday wishes...  it was a bit of a strange one...  zoom meeting with the kids and friends!

first time out in the daylight for a while… its running OK, just need to change the carb needles which are on order, then a road test...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: