Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 03:13:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wire Question  (Read 2905 times)
Norcoastal

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 03:25:43 PM »

Agreed, but check things thoroughly before making final connections.  I’m not going to come over and fix the bike, or be held liable.  Let me know if I can help further.

No worries, no liability, this is all on me. 
Norcoastal

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 03:28:31 PM »

just a quick note to say I don't recognize any of the wiring, but if you are reading +12 VDC on that large black wire with the ring-tongue terminal do NOT connect to ground

I’ll check it again before I make a connection. I’m also getting the Haynes Manual any day now and I’m sure that will help.

Norcoastal

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2020, 03:34:00 PM »

I know this isn’t very helpful, but the two wires in question are in yellow. 

According to the vague reference, the plug goes to the solenoid. The other is the one in question.

Does this help any, or just compound the question?

cheapest gas station around me
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2020, 04:07:24 PM »

just a quick note to say I don't recognize any of the wiring, but if you are reading +12 VDC on that large black wire with the ring-tongue terminal do NOT connect to ground

I'm pretty damn sure the ground I showed in my picture is the *entire ground* for the whole bike, except for the starter motor.

If the positive wire is connected to the battery, and that ground wire is floating in thin air, it'll show 12v on it.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Norcoastal

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2020, 04:10:35 PM »

I'm pretty damn sure the ground I showed in my picture is the *entire ground* for the whole bike, except for the starter motor.

If the positive wire is connected to the battery, and that ground wire is floating in thin air, it'll show 12v on it.

I really appreciate your advice. Thank you.
Norcoastal

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 08:20:10 AM »

Hey Speeddog quick question,

That picture that you show of your “entire ground”, neither of the two wires that come off of the solenoid are that ground you show connected to your negative battery cable correct?

Can’t see what they are. I assume one goes to the starter and the other to the positive. Just double checking.

Thanks again!!!
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2020, 11:24:13 AM »

Hey Speeddog quick question,

That picture that you show of your “entire ground”, neither of the two wires that come off of the solenoid are that ground you show connected to your negative battery cable correct?

Can’t see what they are. I assume one goes to the starter and the other to the positive. Just double checking.

Thanks again!!!

Correct, the two large wires shown in my pic attached to the solenoid, one connects to the positive battery terminal and the other to the starter.

Your harness has a large wire going from the starter solenoid to the connector on the end of the large wire that attaches to the positive battery terminal.

Your post of the parts diagram has correctly ID'd the wires with the yellow highliter.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Norcoastal

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2020, 02:49:03 PM »

Thanks Speeddog

I put the power probe on it and it’s 100% a ground.

I connected one end to a ground and the other to the lead in question and there is zero current.

Also the power probe detects a ground with a green light and hot with a red light.

Thank you all for your help, MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Now I have to remove the air box again and the ignition to get to the solenoid to connect the two prong plug.

One last question, is that two prong plug the mechanism that starts the starter? Meaning is that plug connected to the start button? That would make sense.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 02:53:46 PM by Norcoastal » Logged
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 03:09:27 PM »

Thanks Speeddog

I put the power probe on it and it’s 100% a ground.

I connected one end to a ground and the other to the lead in question and there is zero current.

Also the power probe detects a ground with a green light and hot with a red light.

Thank you all for your help, MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Now I have to remove the air box again and the ignition to get to the solenoid to connect the two prong plug.

One last question, is that two prong plug the mechanism that starts the starter? Meaning is that plug connected to the start button? That would make sense.

Yes.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: