Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 03:13:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: nylon Monster fuel tank repainting  (Read 1230 times)
booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« on: April 12, 2020, 10:25:17 AM »

I'm sure this is a topic that has been discussed a lot. Ducpainter feel free to chime in. Apparently I have this problem whereas I collect nylon Monster fuel tanks. I have an S4RT, bought it with an almost new tank as it had been replaced. It's been sealed with Caswell's and doing fine. About two or three years ago I bought a brand new in the box red S4RS fuel tank, never installed. Yay spare tank! I just bought another red S4RS one yesterday off eBay. Yay another spare tank! But why? I don't need it. Got a deal on it though, it's used and not perfect but almost. Somehow the stripe that goes down the tank is gone below the filler opening. It is shiny otherwise with no scratches or other scuffs. I'd like to have it painted in the OE black color scheme later on down the road. Who does this? Ducpainter used to but he's not painting anymore. I would like a perfect OE match. Just a stock jet black paint job with the white stripe and the little S4RS logo by the ignition. Is this even possible?

I got sucked into one of those scenarios where I was watching the item, seller sent out a 5% discount message to all watchers, I counteroffered even less, seller immediately accepted. I thought I would get a message saying seller has accepted my offer which would then provide me with a chance to either say yes I commit to buy or to back out, but apparently it committed me to buy. So I bought. Lesson learned.

I also have a tank from my old S2R. I might want to have it painted as well who knows. So I have three S*R fuel tanks in large boxes doing absolutely nothing but taking up space. Suggestions/recommendations fpr paint shops?

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
Heath

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 11:36:22 AM »

What is your location again?

Do you belong to any of your local riding groups? There are usually one or two guys that do paint for racing that everyone knows. I'd ask there so you don't have to ship.  I know off the top of my head I have two places I would be comfortable taking my stuff too. I am really picky too. One is a local and the other is maybe an hour away.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 07:43:35 AM »

I'm in DC. I found a shop in South Bend IN that I feel good about and already got a rough estimate. For some reason I don't feel good about any of the shops in this area. They seem to be all Orange County Choppers flames & skulls when I'm looking for more of a restoration kind of shop. Goal is an exact OE reproduction paint job. 

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: