Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 05:19:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SC Project full system  (Read 1707 times)
paulduc

« on: March 20, 2020, 09:50:37 AM »

Hi, I’m finally about to get a Monster, a 821 Stealth. I haven’t even bought it yet and the cash is haemorrhaging at a rate of knots. I’ve got an SC Project end can on my BMW R9T and I love it. Sooo, I was looking on their site and I’ve seen a beautiful full system on there. Does anyone have any experience of it?
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 01:48:33 PM »

Get the full (which is just the pipes, no mufflers) "system" first. Test it with stock mufflers. I'm guessing it will satisfy your expectations. You can put on any mufflers later....

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
paulduc

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 03:34:44 PM »

Thanks, I realise the ‘full’ doesn’t come with mufflers but I just love the look of the twin gp mufflers. Having said that, I am on a bit of a budget and from what I’ve heard on YouTube, the stock mufflers don’t sound too bad, they just look a bit ugly. 
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 04:04:04 PM »

The 821 and 1200 have the best sounding stock system in quite a few years. Removing the catalyst and opening it with this system will, I suspect, bring you all/95% of the joy you can hope for. I think the stock mufflers are ok.

paulduc

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 02:42:36 AM »

The 821 and 1200 have the best sounding stock system in quite a few years. Removing the catalyst and opening it with this system will, I suspect, bring you all/95% of the joy you can hope for. I think the stock mufflers are ok.
I first test rode an 821 about 5 years ago and was very pleasantly surprised by the sound of the stock muffler then. Unfortunately I went on the buy a Scrambler Icon. I’ve heard several comparisons between stock and SC and stock and Termies. Due to my credit card being close to maximum I had intended to buy the pipes and mufflers separately anyway but thanks to advice on here, I’ll be sure to get the pipes first and see how it goes. My test ride is booked for next Wednesday but I might try and bring it forward before the whole country shuts down!
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 08:08:17 AM »

The great change by switching to a full system MIGHT be a little less great for your bike.... (?) If I'm correct the catalytic converter is inside the stock muffler duo assembly and will still be as restricted as before.

I haven't heard these bikes with the SC mid-pipes/system and stock mufflers. Maybe the thing you pay for is looks....

Just wanted to let that be said  Undecided

paulduc

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 11:07:36 AM »

The great change by switching to a full system MIGHT be a little less great for your bike.... (?) If I'm correct the catalytic converter is inside the stock muffler duo assembly and will still be as restricted as before.

I haven't heard these bikes with the SC mid-pipes/system and stock mufflers. Maybe the thing you pay for is looks....

Just wanted to let that be said  Undecided
You are probably right but I love the look of the 821 Monster and I think the SC Project full system is a work of art, so I have to go for it. If I wanted more power I’d go for the 1200. Please don’t take this asa criticism of your post, I value ALL imput, even if I don’t agree with it.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 11:28:59 AM »

No worries.

I just want to share whatever I know, or think. The decision is easy if you think the pipes are worth their price, because they do look nice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: