Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 17, 2024, 09:37:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Qatar Testing 🇶🇦  (Read 2957 times)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 10:18:45 AM »

Engine is homologated at Qatar, and cannot be altered internally until 2021.
Aero is homologated at Qatar as well, but one in-season update is allowed.
Testing by contracted riders (read as: fast guys) is severely limited.

So if the mistake is in either of those areas, it's a big problem.
Their test riders cannot (apparently) help, if they could, they'd not be in this situation.

I suspect they've sliced through a nerve in MM's shoulder and they'll have to go back in to attempt a repair.

Well, MM obviously felt better on the 2019 (Nakagami's bike). If it was only the aeros, it should be pretty easy to swap the fairings. I wonder if the aero was homologated last year, could they bring it back at any point or do they have to resubmit for approval? I believe it's the latter. Do they follow the same rule as last year where they were able to remove winglets?

I would guess that it's a combination of issues. Swing arms and chassis can be updated at any point, but I agree, it's too late to fix if it's an engine issue.

I'm not a doctor and don't play one on tv, so I will hold off on any medical diagnosis.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 02:17:12 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 07:13:02 PM »

Well, MM obviously felt better on the 2019 (Nakagami's bike). If it was only the aeros, it should be pretty easy to swap the fairings. I wonder if the aero was homologated last year, could they bring it back at any point or do they have to resubmit for approval? I believe it's the latter. Do they follow the same rule as last year where they were able to remove winglets?

I would guess that it's a combination of issues. Swing arms and chassis can be updated at any point, but I agree, it's too late to fix if it's an engine issue.

I'm not a doctor and don't play one on tv, so I will hold off on any medical diagnosis.

They were swapping fairings amongst the bikes, so they fit well enough for a desperation test.
But not necessarily well enough for the whole season, they can't homologate a ziptied fairing attachment.
Samples or detailed drawings have to be submitted, so they can't just bodge some crap together.

They have to homologate a 2020 fairing at Qatar, it could be 2018 or 2019 or whatever parts, but it would become their 2020A unit.
They can homologate 1 more during the season, but that's all, so there's only 2020A and 2020B.

No hacking off of winglets allowed, the shape has to remain the same.
Each rider can have their own specific bodywork, so MM fairing, AM fairing, CC fairing, etc.
But no sharing or swapping.

Are Honda still using Showa? There were two issues I read about, one being the 20 bike harder to turn than the19 bike and the second being a total loss of front end feel. The second led to inexplicable crashes with confused riders (reminds me of Ducati in the recent past).

Honda are using Ohlins along with everyone else except KTM, who are using WP.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2020, 08:02:04 PM »

Crank it up!

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: