Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 04:00:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home to Roost  (Read 12034 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2021, 07:02:58 AM »

waytogo

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2021, 07:28:23 AM »

Oh yeah, it lost the forward control mounts too. That was a major pain in the ass, along with repainting those little sections of the frame....

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2021, 08:02:09 AM »

Oh hell yeaah!  Cool

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2021, 11:37:39 AM »

That back wheel suits it so well.  It come up so good, just right. Great touches and not over done.
Interesting about the collector plate, I remember when Evo motors were the latest thing! laughingdp

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2021, 11:37:51 AM »

Nice waytogo
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2021, 02:41:16 PM »

Well kids, it's time to finish up this thread....

This thing is done. As done as it will ever be, that is. I got my freshly painted fender back from a buddy over the weekend, and got everything all back together as you can see. I gave him explicit instructions to not do a better paint job on the new fender than the old, but he went a little overboard and it looks better than the rest. Oh well, the lightly pitted chrome and other little tatters hide it. 

Otherwise, it got the CV carb over the winter along with new throttle cables. Riding the bike a little more last fall revealed that the old Edelbrock had some issues at certain throttle transitions, so that and the lack of parts availability sent it to the recycle bin. Naturally, changing the carb meant that my old air cleaner wouldn't work, because the backing plate had an integral support to tie the carb to the cylinder heads and there was no way to make it work. I bought a carb support for the CV and made a cool custom air cleaner out of a new K&N element I had laying around. But it bummed me out that my original round air cleaner wasn't there. Then on a whim one day, I did some scanning around on eBay and found a new but older outer cover, which had much nicer chrome than my original. Go figure. Made a new backing plate and we're golden. So if anyone needs a nifty, one-off air cleaner for a Harley CV, I'm your guy.

Beyond that, I just did a little rewiring and tidying under the tank and a thorough cleaning while under there. Time to ride this pig and get that new carb dialed in. Man, is it a weird feeling to put a collector plate on something you built....

You can't tell painters anything. They are singularly focused. Grin

Looks good Dave! waytogo

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2021, 04:12:53 AM »

You can't tell painters anything. They are singularly focused. Grin

Looks good Dave! waytogo

Thanks, Nate.

Damn painters. I wanted orange peel!  laughingdp

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2021, 12:02:55 PM »

That's really beautiful the way it's come together, and I love the story of the bike's creation and return to home.

And because I was away from the DMF for a while, it was only yesterday I saw the news about Kevin. I can only try to imagine how that felt, and send my fully-inadequate and belated condolences.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 07:34:41 AM by triangleforge » Logged

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2021, 08:26:24 PM »

1+

... ya very tough, heartfelt situation; nice to see you worked through and have a nice bike to show too.

ride on

Dolph
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 08:29:08 PM by DuciD03 » Logged

.... all the world is yours.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: