Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 01:07:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spiritual successor to the arai quantum 2?  (Read 2678 times)
chipripper
El Borracho mas grandisimo

« on: August 20, 2019, 08:58:37 PM »

So I've had my helmet since 08, and it's starting to show it age on the inside. I've also gone well beyond the 5yr rule. Not a huge fan of the visor change mechanism but It's a perfect fit for my head shape, and I'll be sad to retire her to the old helmet shelf  Any suggestions on helmets with a similar fit, and good airflow? Any new features in the last 10yrs I should bolo for?

2008 S2R1000 black and white, mostly stock ;-)
Marving header, Velocity stacks, Pod filters, Flashed ECU to DP map, Polished valve covers and cam covers, SSR reverse shifter and inspection cover, Aelle adjustable pegs, Windscreen and cowl removal, Many plastic bits removed, Cut beer tray
S21FOLGORE

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 12:31:41 AM »

I've also gone well beyond the 5yr rule.

First,
There's no such thing as "5-year rule".
Read this about that subject.
http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=76572.msg1421072#msg1421072

Well, if the helmet is showing signs of wear and tear, and you feel like it's time to replace it, it is the time to replace it.

As for the fitment, I strongly suggest checking your head's CI first, if Quantum 2  really fits that well on your head.
(If your head shape and Quantum 2 is perfectly matched, your CI is probably higher than 86.)
chipripper
El Borracho mas grandisimo

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 03:59:19 PM »

S21FOLGORE,

Thanks for the link! That was a very helpful, and informative read. I will have to get some good measurements of my head, and move out from there.

2008 S2R1000 black and white, mostly stock ;-)
Marving header, Velocity stacks, Pod filters, Flashed ECU to DP map, Polished valve covers and cam covers, SSR reverse shifter and inspection cover, Aelle adjustable pegs, Windscreen and cowl removal, Many plastic bits removed, Cut beer tray
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: