Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 03:06:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Report: Cycle Gear to buy Philadelphia's Revzilla for $400-500 million | PhillyVoice  (Read 9646 times)
arta302

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2019, 05:28:08 AM »

Love Revzilla their Utube channel has been very helpful and I buy from them because of the information they offer, might be cheaper somewhere else but I support a company that offers something other than cheap prices. Went to Cycle Gear twice in the Atlanta area and both times was disappointed in the quality of what they had and their sales people were not that great. Hope Revzilla can stay away from the mistakes that Cycle Gear seems to make.
S21FOLGORE

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2019, 03:25:57 PM »

For most people, Revzilla = Anthony's Revzilla TV Youtube video.

What made Revzilla as Revzilla today is,  mostly Anthony's video, their easy return policy, and fast shipping.

It is interesting to see Comoto getting new CEO who has nothing to do with motorcycles.
(Selling motorcycle gear is a bit different from selling shoes and mattress.)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 10:10:49 AM »

For most people, Revzilla = Anthony's Revzilla TV Youtube video.

What made Revzilla as Revzilla today is,  mostly Anthony's video, their easy return policy, and fast shipping.

It is interesting to see Comoto getting new CEO who has nothing to do with motorcycles.
(Selling motorcycle gear is a bit different from selling shoes and mattress.)

It really isn't. They likely brought them in to kickstart their growth. He also has less skin in the game compared to the founders, so he won't give the corp heads the excuses of "bikers will never buy that", as well as being the bad guy when he needs to fire half of the staff when they outsource 90% of the business.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
S21FOLGORE

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2019, 06:02:28 PM »

I, kind of, agree. Running retail business has nothing to do with the motorcycle experience.

However, if the company is purely after the profit, following "selling motorcycle gear is no different from selling shoes and mattresses " logic, it becomes like Walmart, Target, which, (sadly) what Cycle Gear has become.
Also, if CoMoto goes that direction(which, I think they are going), then, there's no reason to separate Revzilla and Cycle Gear.

Revzilla is private company, and most probably in the process of going public.

Anyway, it doesn't make that much difference to me, even if Cycle Gear and Revzilla completely merge together and become motorcycling world's of Walmart, since they don't offer what I want / need as far as helmet, gloves, boots and jacket/pants/suits are concerned.
Consumables, such as oil, tires, chain lube, etc, I can either buy locally, or from Sportbiketrackgear, RockymountainATV, etc.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: