Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:38:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Questions about the S4RS  (Read 3000 times)
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 09:59:04 PM »

Most VR's fail by just not charging.

I've seen a few that lost control of the output voltage, and they took a while to do it.
The voltage would be OK for a couple minutes, then it would start running away up to 16, 17.
Batteries really don't do well with that.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
chipripper
El Borracho mas grandisimo

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 12:31:15 PM »

Mine went out on my S4RT and took out the gauges and an aftermarket chinese headlight (that was actually a blessing). Be sure to upgrade that to a MOSFET unit if it hasn't been done already.

Moronic covered a lot of what I have went through too.

I had a Timing sensor go out which caused a lot of issues starting. It bench tested fine but failed a test under an oscilloscope.  Unfortunately for me the shop didn't have one and it took them forever to find one to borrow.

That exhaust is awesome, I want to hear it!.

I second this! That exhaust looks mean. More info and the obligatory revving vid please!

2008 S2R1000 black and white, mostly stock ;-)
Marving header, Velocity stacks, Pod filters, Flashed ECU to DP map, Polished valve covers and cam covers, SSR reverse shifter and inspection cover, Aelle adjustable pegs, Windscreen and cowl removal, Many plastic bits removed, Cut beer tray
Timmy Tucker

Banninated

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 02:48:55 PM »

I’ve tried to get a vid of the bike running in my carport, and I just can’t get it to come thru. I took out the db killer and it’s overloading the mic. laughingdp It sounds pretty make the beast with two backsing gnarly though. The neighbors have already pregnant doged about it and I’ve only started it up a couple times since I got it.

1999 M750 - "Piggy"
2007 S4RS
LA

The Sleek Black Beauty

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2019, 09:06:07 PM »

I hope you enjoy our new scooter. I have ridden a Termi kiitted one since new in 2006 with just over 50K miles on it and I do believe it is as strong now as it was when new.  These are good tips mentioned in the post above. My Voltage Reg went south last summer first ever time it has failed to fire on the first revolution. Other than that it literally hasn't missed a beat.  If you ride a lot the clutch discs don't last long, but they can be replaced in a few minutes blindfolded.  One must for me was a a 14 tooth front sprocket and a lighter  smaller drive chain (top speed remains unchanged). I did raise the rear ride height 1 inch too. Turns in and finishes the turn better. I did try the light weight battery and find them satisfactory too. Enjoy! It is as good a motorcycle Ducati has sold the public IMHO. They do run a little rich with the kits. Mine fouled plugs twice in 50K miles.

"I'm leaving this one totally stock" - Full Termi kit, Ohlins damper, Pazzo levers, lane splitters, 520 quick change 14/43 gears, DP gold press plate w/open cover, Ductile iron rotors w/cp211 pads.

R90S (hot rod), 80-900SS, Norton 850 MkIII, S4RS
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: