Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 22, 2024, 10:33:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: seat cover  (Read 1051 times)
motodoc

« on: June 26, 2019, 07:48:26 PM »

It's been a while since I have been on the forum.  Busy, and a dirt bike crash in October which resulted in three screws in my femur, among other things.  That said I did my first track day this past weekend on my Monster.

At any rate, I'm Jack.  I'm a professor type in the north central valley of California.  I have a 1999 750 Monster that I have had for about five years.

To the point: The seat cover is starting to tear along the seam line, but the seam is NOT splitting, the seat material is tearing.  Can anyone recommend a seat cover manufacturer/vendor?  I found a good-looking seat cover from a company in Greece, but the shipping is over half as much as the cover.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Jack
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 07:59:52 PM »

I know folks here have had good experience with these guys, but others will chime in.

https://www.luimoto.com/?my=575&p=1017

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 08:12:18 PM »

I've had good experiences with kopfy's suggestion. The standard monster cover will also fit reasonably well on the Corbin (and I assume the Sargent, though I've never had my hands on one).

Another option is custom, which at least in my locale, isn't as expensive as you might think. Comparable with an internet order from a local leather smith.

motodoc

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 08:38:51 AM »

Thanks for the input!

Jack
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: