Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 01:43:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So...my Monster windscreen is illegal in CA!  (Read 4260 times)
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2019, 11:34:22 AM »

He does have a point, I've lived in California for 56 years and I've seen thousands upon thousands of LEOs on the job riding blue Monsters.
Plus, I'm sure your riding gear was exactly the same as standard-issue Moto-LEO.
So you were obviously trying to impersonate.

Roll Eyes

I don't know it for a fact, but I wager that legal cases have been tossed on far smaller differences.

What's the chance of a repeat encounter with the same LEO?

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2019, 12:05:20 PM »

I think what we have here is a LEO enforcing the law as written, not intended.  This is why it happened once.  I see only two possibilities of getting around this since you might run into this person again.  One is go to court and hope the court rules in your favor.  Another is hit your side with flat black, vinyl or whatever so it is no longer translucent.
Heath

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2019, 11:51:14 PM »

Posting the pic from BADOC so everyone can get a better view. (let me know if you want me to remove it mangeldbug)

I still think you should put black vinyl on the inside so you no longer have any translucent or transparent to it.  It just turns into a blue fairing at that point. Other bikes have blue fairings so why not.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2019, 09:43:54 AM »

Well, that's proof, obviously a police bike and that's regulation graphics on that helmet too.

Roll Eyes

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
mangeldbug

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2019, 06:52:32 PM »

Thanks Heath!  I have tools, so I can handle the install, but thanks for the offer.  chug

Im almost positive Ive seen that LEO up there before, and he seemed pretty happy to be the guy his station puts up there "to write tickets" so its possible I run into him again.  I did buy a dark smoke shield just to satisfy the fix it ticket, but I think making my blue shield into a blue "fairing" is my plan.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 06:57:37 PM by mangeldbug » Logged

2002 M750Si.e. "Senna" - Meravigliosa, Mera for short
2017 390 Duke Commuter
2001 XT225 Zombie Assault Vehicle
1987 YSR50 #116 race bike
S21FOLGORE

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2019, 06:27:31 PM »

I was holding to say this, but ...

one thing you can do (in the future) is to avoid the spot like Alice's, especially in weekend, especially in spring / summer, when the weather is nice.

I know it's not entirely your decision when you are riding in group, but it (avoiding popular / well known spot) makes pretty big difference (that is, if you have many "gray zone" items on your bike).

If I were frequently hanging around at Alice's in weekends, I WILL get ticket (at some point) about my "kicked up for satellite view only" license plate. (and possibly straight through ARROW pipes. And my Non-DOT helmet.)

(The plate is not readable from Crown Victoria's driver's seat. But, (fortunately for me), now almost all CHP and local PDs are using Explore, so the angle of the plate doesn't look that bad from their point of view.)

Crown Vic

Explore
mangeldbug

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2019, 06:48:20 PM »

Totally agree with you!  Usually we don't stop at Alice's, just ride by or bypass altogether because there is usually traffic. A few times we will stop to meet up with larger groups. This particular morning we had intended to stop early, well before the crowds, just to get a bite before doing a loop. A series of misfortunes led to a long delay in getting there and we arrived right at peak craziness.  boo Tongue

2017 390 Duke Commuter
Heath

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2019, 07:16:08 PM »

Thanks Heath!  I have tools, so I can handle the install, but thanks for the offer.  chug

I meant remove the pic because I snatched it off Facebook. :p I have no doubt you have tools.  Always loved that blue theme on your bike when I have seen it at Monster Mash each year.   That and the MIVVs.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
mangeldbug

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2019, 07:19:54 PM »

I meant remove the pic because I snatched it off Facebook. :p I have no doubt you have tools.  Always loved that blue theme on your bike when I have seen it at Monster Mash each year.   That and the MIVVs.

No, it's cool, you can leave it up.  And thanks! 😊

2017 390 Duke Commuter
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: