Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 03:02:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel double swingarm damage  (Read 791 times)
dusty

« on: May 18, 2019, 12:17:31 PM »

Hey guys

Pretty sure I already know the answer to this (replace it), but I figured I'd run it by you all just to make sure I'm not overblowing it - and maybe so someone will call me dumb and I'll learn better from my mistakes.

Got a gouge on the drive-side of my steel double sided swingarm, caused by rubbing against the head of a worm-gear clamp during suspension travel. Goes about 2/3-3/4 of the way down the outer face of the swingarm, and is probably a good millimeter or so in depth, tapering out as it goes further down the face. It's a bit rusty, but there aren't any perforations yet. Pictures show the extent of it

Like I said, I'm pretty sure that's due for replacement. I think I'm just whining about it because I also have to deal with pinholes bubbling my paint, despite Caswell's best effort.

PS: Who put a filter for the ol whiny B word that changes it to 'pregnant dogging'? That got me good
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 12:19:15 PM by dusty » Logged
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 01:00:30 PM »

An option is fill with weld, grind down and paint.

Go to profile, look and layout preferences etc and check  Leave words uncensored.  First, have fun typing in naughty words.  The censor even has a problem with petcock.
dusty

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 01:23:22 PM »

I'm not opposed to having it welded and ground flush. Used swingarms for a 695 go for about fifty bucks on ebay, but I guess the real advantage to welding is not having to get it up on a lift and taken apart - though I'd probably need to anyway to repaint it.

Part numbers between the 695 and 620 swingarms aren't quite a match, but I'm pretty sure most of the parts from a 695 are backwards compatible with the 620.

Thanks for the tip on the censor!
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 09:05:28 PM »

$50?  Go for it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: