Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:57:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2R will not stay running  (Read 2253 times)
Mr.Jinggles

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2019, 12:03:56 PM »

Now you know the problem is further down stream.  I'm having the same problem at this moment.  I'm getting proper voltage everywhere it needs to be, all the wires have good continuity, relays are working, and it runs fine when applied to a 12v source out of the bike.   If I find anything during my troubleshooting I will let you know. 
grunte

Amazing

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2019, 12:28:43 PM »

@Mr.Jinggles

Thank you I appreciate it.  I do not have a volt meter to test my voltage.

The pump was working great after I replaced the flange, kind of a bummer it just stopped again. 

If you have the same model bike as me:  do you know which relay controls this?, or is it just the fuses?

Thanks.
G
2 Wheel Wanderer

Pavement Junkie

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 12:34:14 PM »

Call Ca Cycleworks/Monsterparts to see when your wires were made. Chris posted on FB on May 2nd that there was a problem with some fwires  they sold.

On FB
Chris @ Ca Cycleworks "So ... it was all that to say we screwed up with some of the recent FWIRES sold and if you have another loss of continuity, it is probably because the urethane expanded and broke your wire. Please let us know so we can get you a set with the new angry epoxy."

David  "Is there a way to tell with when we ordered?

CA Cycleworks  "yes, Nov 2018 until mid April, 2019. "

Monsterparts may have bought your wires within this time period.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 12:36:18 PM by 2 Wheel Wanderer » Logged
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2019, 09:17:34 AM »

Needless to say, if you bought a harness manufactured between those dates you need to replace it.  You also need to confirm you don't have different problem.  Replacing parts as guess can get real expensive plus not get your bike fixed. 

If you plan on working on anything electrical on your bike you need a digital multi meter.  You can buy an inexpensive meter.  And a wiring diagram.

Not an endorsement, just an example:
                                               https://www.walmart.com/ip/Digital-Multimeter-10709/14521541

When the bike stalls. lift the tank and remove the connector to the fuel pump.  With the key on if you do not have power at the brown/white wire the problem is probably either the FI relay or wiring to that point. 
grunte

Amazing

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2019, 09:42:28 AM »

@howie, @2 Wheel Wanderer,

Thank you!  I called the vendor that I purchased the harness from and they stated that there was indeed a bad batch they recieved.

They are receiving a new batch of flanges from their vendor and are sending me a new one no charge.  I am very happy with this and hope it resolves the issue.

waytogo
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2019, 11:16:37 AM »

Good to hear!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: