Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 10:37:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monster 695 - Numerous Engine Error Codes... RESOLVED (Sort of)  (Read 2658 times)
Red89

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 12:04:29 AM »

Have you physically checked the wiring? If there is a small nick on the insulation, you could have a short since the insulation is at least 10yrs old so it could be "dry".
While you wait for your appointment, lift the tank, take the seat off, and check all the wiring; if you think the insulation is "dry", use a little or use to taste, WD40 to "re-hidrate" the insulation and for a longer lasting effect, use some lubricant[yes, of that kind] and then some WD40 to seal.

The coil error, P0351, think of it as a little age on the component, I wished I had the service manual for you model at hand and send it to you, but, should be the same part as other Monsters except DS models; also, could you let us know which spark plugs are you using?

For your P0115, I would check wiring and if all is OK, then replace the temp sensor.

Hi, DarkMonster620. Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. As you can imagine, I'm after all the help I can get.

This morning, I spent some time examining the wiring on a rudimentary level. I didn't want to get too into it because I still had to ride to work (Monster is my only vehicle and I am reliant on it). I am going to check the wiring thoroughly this evening, I plan to print out a wiring diagram  and see if I can make sense of it all.

From what I could tell, the TPS, MAP Sensor and Oil Temp. Sensor seem to all connect at one centralised point. An issue with the wiring would therefore stand to reason. The only thing I can't reconcile at the moment, is why this would only be exposed after I performed the resets. I don't doubt this is a wiring issue (open to all possibilities) but I'm struggling to think why this would be the case.

Worry not, I have a copy of the service manual so I can look up the part as well. Smiley

I shall check which spark plugs are in the bike tonight: they're the ones that were already in the bike when I bought it a couple of months ago. I'll order a new oil temp. sensor tonight if I get nowhere with the wiring. Thank you again for taking the time to read through my issue. I really appreciate all the support, this is driving me up the wall.

Red89

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 03:48:22 AM »

Okay, so from my studying of the manual and diagrams today, it seems that the "Control Unit Oil Temperature Connector" and "Air Temperature and pressure sensor" are directly connected to one-another. There are no removable connections in between that need checking, just the connections on each side.

As I said, the MAP sensor ("Air Temperature and pressure sensor") has been replaced and all connections cleaned. My next COA will be to check the connection to the "Control unit oil temperature connector". If this is good, I'll make sure there's no damaged cabling running between the two.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 03:54:23 AM by Red89 » Logged

Red89

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 06:50:38 AM »

Just circling back on this.

Apologies it took so long, I had to wait a few weeks for an appointment at the local garage, then a subsequent week for them to get around to actually making any effort to fix the bike.

Their diagnosis is that the ECU is shot. They tested all sensors and checked the cabling. It all checks out.

After extensive investigation online, I'd actually drawn the conclusion that the ECU sensor grounding is fried prior to their having checked it. I still let them check it out, as I was hoping I was wrong. I wasn't. I don't know if that's the exact fault though I have no real way of testing this unless I add my own grounding via the ECU port, or send the ECU to be replaced or repaired. I'm not prepared to do that, so I'm at a bit of an impasse now. I'll probably just ride the bike through the Summer, then sell it for peanuts. Not ideal but there we go.

Thanks everyone, for your contributions.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 06:53:59 AM by Red89 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: