Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 04:39:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2R1k Brisk Flame Thrower  (Read 1299 times)
CookieMonster
me like twisties NOM NOM NOM!

Mone Rone

« on: May 04, 2019, 04:01:02 PM »

So I had NGK that I didn’t really have a problem with. But I thought, why not just throw in a fresh set of brand new plugs. I don’t know when they were last looked at with 25k miles on the clock.

So I purchased some Brisk plugs (which I purchased in the past and installed in my R1 with no issues), installed them and now...it became a flame thrower. Currently waiting for the bike to cool down a bit to install the old ones back. The Brisk plugs made the bike a bit rough while riding. Granted that the trim needs adjustment but NGK didn’t make the bike this rough.

I’m gonna wait for the Magnecor ignition wires I order to reinstall the Brisk plugs back on and see how that turns out.

"Friend don't let friends ride stock"
-S2R1k 992 DESMO LIFE
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 10:33:55 PM »

Yowsa. Time for a back to back plug test.

2015 Scrambler 800
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 06:37:38 AM »

I doubt the Magnacore wires will do anything better.  They are an upgrade on the cars, mostly Japanese and American cars that come from the factory with carbon core wires.  You have solid core wires on the bike from the factory.

Get yourself a set of new NGKs and Dolph
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 09:19:16 AM »

Put NGKs back in and report.

2015 Scrambler 800
CookieMonster

Mone Rone

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 09:48:03 AM »

Well, I reinstalled my old NGKs and it was significantly a smoother idle. No pop or flame throwing. I am expecting the usual little bit of gurgle and small pop every now and then when I got off the throttle. But without ridding it, it sounds much better.
Extremely disappointing considering that I have very similar plugs on my R1 with no issues.

And I’d hate to think that I wasted money on the wires howie. One of the reasons I thought I get an “upgrade” on both the wires and plugs was because I get somewhat hot exhaust from the bottom can and cool air on the top can.

But if I indeed waste money on the wires, I just may return them OR keep for future repair. They haven’t got here yet so I got time to think of what I’ll do with them.

-S2R1k 992 DESMO LIFE
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 11:35:17 AM »

If they're red, it's an upgrade  Grin

That's what I did - very very long life behind the old ones. Maybe they were cracking and maybe the metal was destroyed. Red red red  Cool

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
CookieMonster

Mone Rone

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 03:21:58 PM »

If they're red, it's an upgrade  Grin

That's what I did - very very long life behind the old ones. Maybe they were cracking and maybe the metal was destroyed. Red red red  Cool

Nooo...😔

They’re blue.

-S2R1k 992 DESMO LIFE
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 09:36:54 AM »

Just to qualify what I said, no issue with Magnecore, they make a quality product.  Unless a resistor went bad or there is an insulation issue they would not be a fix for your Brisk Flame Thrower.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 02:08:26 PM »

Pipe outers look stock. Any mods to pipes, ECU or airbox?

Twin plug heads with super revenge death berserker, multi point, large flame kernel plugs are clearly too much of a good thing. Grin
Consider an ECU remap if your tune is on the EPAish lean side. Ethanol in fuel leans things out a little more too, so your stock tune could be marginal and a bit fragile in the face of introduced factors.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 02:13:29 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
CookieMonster

Mone Rone

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 06:32:14 PM »

ECU is tuned to mods that are as follows:
Exhaust (I cored the cans)
Udder delete
Open air box
I wanna say O2 bypass but don’t remember that one

I think I could’ve done a better job adjusting the trim though but with the way I had it before putting in the Brisk plugs, was acceptable.

-S2R1k 992 DESMO LIFE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: