Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 02:44:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Purpose of the Headlight High Beam flash switch?  (Read 1855 times)
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« on: May 01, 2019, 10:55:49 AM »

Ok simple question ...? Headlight High Beam flash switch; is this for extra light (on corners)?

Always questioned the usefulness of the 2ndary high beam flash switch (not the high low toggle; but front flash switch you have to hold down to activate with clutch index finger).

Noticed at dusk last night on a twisty mountain highway that it seems to lights high beam with low on, ie 2x light; handy for flashing  slow or dangerous drivers, but seemed to be much handier to light the darker corners as I was coming up to them before entering the lean into a corner. Is that the purpose of the 2ndary flash switch?

Funny after owning numerous 03-07 era monster s2r's seems like the better purpose (to prevent blinding) oncoming drivers in a corner and keeping the low beam on where needed in a corner ...

Dolph

.... all the world is yours.
Dry Martini

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 10:57:12 AM »

Ok simple question ...? Headlight High Beam flash switch; is this for extra light (on corners)?

Always questioned the usefulness of the 2ndary high beam flash switch (not the high low toggle; but front flash switch you have to hold down to activate with clutch index finger).

Noticed at dusk last night on a twisty mountain highway that it seems to lights high beam with low on, ie 2x light; handy for flashing  slow or dangerous drivers, but seemed to be much handier to light the darker corners as I was coming up to them before entering the lean into a corner. Is that the purpose of the 2ndary flash switch?

Funny after owning numerous 03-07 era monster s2r's seems like the better purpose (to prevent blinding) oncoming drivers in a corner and keeping the low beam on where needed in a corner ...

Dolph

It is for signaling to oncoming vehicles that you are passing the vehicle in front of you.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. -Frank Sinatra
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 04:17:58 PM »

It is for signaling to oncoming vehicles that you are passing the vehicle in front of you.

ok makes sense thanks; but its good for extra light too!  Grin

"nother" question;

Can't recall see this on other bikes but haven't looked for it; is the flash switch on all road bikes? or is this a Ducati feature or Monster feature?

.... all the world is yours.
Stuka Pilot

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 12:29:26 AM »

It is to warn other road users of your presence. And, yes, it is found on all motorcycles.
Dry Martini

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 07:40:57 AM »

Well not all bikes, unless this is a recent addition to all new bikes. I have 05 Monster with the feature as well as an 02 Triumph Sprint ST. However, my 04 Yamaha FZ6 does not have this extra switch. Neither did my 88 BMW K100RS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. -Frank Sinatra
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 10:47:17 AM »

We used that switch to scroll through all the data on my Motogadget gauge.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
beethoven

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 11:01:30 PM »

It is also used to warn other drivers of radar/speed camera ahead.

97_M900                                                     07_Triumph_Sprint
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 05:04:56 AM »

It is also used to warn other drivers of radar/speed camera ahead.

Left hand side rider?

The rest of us pump our left hand up and down to signal road "dangers".

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 06:25:30 AM »

Left hand side rider?

The rest of us pump our left hand up and down to signal road "dangers".

Doesn't work well in a car Tongue
Nibor

insanity far outweighs horsepower

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 01:39:35 AM »

Doesn't work well in a car Tongue

Pump harder  laughingdp
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: