Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 10:01:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Panigale V4 vs V4S on the track  (Read 398 times)
paso87

« on: April 10, 2019, 04:38:15 PM »

I just purchased a British Motorcycle Magazine called Practical Sportsbikes the March edition. Performance Bikes another British magazine stopped publishing and has now become part of Practical Sportsbikes. Anyway the former Performance Bikes had Micheal Rutter has a test rider. His Dad Toni Rutter won several TT1 championships on a Verlicchi framed Ducati back in the 80s. Michael is also very qualified rider and has won races at the Isle of Man and other road circuits. Performance Bikes keeps track of Michael's track times at Donigton Park which insures the same track when he tests different bikes.  This month Michael rode the standard  V4 Panigale. The previous best time at Donington was held by he Panigale V4S which costs about 26K. Well Michael went faster on the standard V4 Panigale and not only did he go faster but he got going faster in less time than it took on  the V4S.  No Marchenisi wheels, no Olins suspension or steering damper just Japanese Enkeis wheels, a steering damper,  a Sachs rear shock and Showa Big Piston forks and a bike that is about 4KG heavier..  I know I am not going to be popular with Ducati dealers but for about 21 K you can go as fast on a track as a V4S and save almost 5800 dollars.  That says a lot for the standard V4 Panigale. Yeah 2 hundredths of a second is not much but 5800 dollars is. Even Michael Rutter could not figure that one out. Check it out if you can find a magazine. Barnes and Noble sells it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: