Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 08:23:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone got pics of the bypass spring between the oil filter? monster 796  (Read 970 times)
missedcalls

« on: April 09, 2019, 05:58:13 AM »

Yesterday I decided to change my oil which I’ve done a few times before without any issues but for some reason this time when I was removing the oil filter I some how unscrewed the bolt union with the bypass spring. The bypass spring is angled and i don’t remember which way it should go back on. I attached pics to show you guys. Should I try to put the filter back on with the bypass spring? Or should i try removing the union bolt from the oil filter first? I’m wondering if i unscrewed the oil filter in the wrong direction which made it come out with the union bolt and bypass spring? Any info helps. Thank you.

filter 1 by Alex Dang, on Flickr

filter 2 by Alex Dang, on Flickr

filter 3 by Alex Dang, on Flickr
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 10:14:32 AM by missedcalls » Logged
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 07:34:33 AM »

Remove the union bolt from the filter.

There are features in the oil filter cavity that mate with the bypass spring, so it must be installed in a specific position to work properly.

You did not unscrew it the 'wrong way', at some point the filter was overtightened, that's most likely why the union bolt came out on the filter.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
missedcalls

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 07:57:48 AM »

thanks speeddog! Do you know of any sources I could use to see how the original bypass spring was mounted? like any stock photos for me to compare? Thanks for the help
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 08:38:56 AM »

thanks speeddog! Do you know of any sources I could use to see how the original bypass spring was mounted? like any stock photos for me to compare? Thanks for the help

Best plan would be to go back to the first post, click the 'modify' button, and change the title of this thread to reflect the actual topic.
There's got to be a pic floating around somewhere.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 10:30:59 AM »

Best plan would be to go back to the first post, click the 'modify' button, and change the title of this thread to reflect the actual topic.
There's got to be a pic floating around somewhere.

Like this?

There's really only one way it can go.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

missedcalls

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 10:33:16 AM »

Wow this forum is awesome!! (just signed up today)

Ducpainter thank you so much you are the MVP!!! If you ever need anything let me know and I will gladly help you!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: