Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:28:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dry Slipper Clutch for Duc Monster 07 s2r 1K  (Read 888 times)
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« on: March 25, 2019, 08:14:25 AM »

Dry Slipper Clutch for Duc Monster 07 s2r 1K

I -did- find a bunch of slipper clutches starting at $399 complete with plates to $1400.

What manufacturer would supply Ducati slipper clutches?

What's the better dry slipper cl manufacturer? The design of slippers seems to be evolving.

.... all the world is yours.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 09:29:32 AM »

I love slipper clutches for the track, but I raced Japanese bikes.
STM, EVR, Ducabike, Sigma and Yoyodyne come to mind. I can't recommend one over the other but others here will have experience. You do need to take some time to set them up to your preference. There is a fair but of tuning standard dry clutches if you want a certain characteristic, so expect a dry slipper to require some tuning.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 09:36:48 AM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 12:18:29 PM »

There is a fair but of tuning standard dry clutches if you want a certain characteristic, so expect a dry slipper to require some tuning.

To get a less abrupt clutch for the s2r 1k. Tried the 4 spring idea (ie remove 2) on the dry clutch that seemed to get it near feel of the 800 wet with slipper; which I prefer, lighter pull; smoother, less abrupt to engage / disengage (less likely to lock, slide, hop the rear tire). But this lead to some light "shriek" (slip?) coming from the plates after taking it in for service ... have a feeling they road it hard to test out tuning.

Another thought would be to get longer clutch spring plate buttons to get less spring pressure on top plate (/all clutch plates).

What other clutch tuning ideas could one do to get less abrupt dry clutch engagement? (Without buying a whole new slipper.)

.... all the world is yours.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 05:38:15 PM »

Im running stiff TPO springs but only 4 of them at present. Shorter spring bolts preloads them too. Or look for 6 softer springs. Its tuning for the feel you want so lucky you have a dry clutch. Plate material makes a big difference with sintered plates quite grabby, so organic plates give a softer take up for street use. You can play with stack height if you have spare steel driven plates of different thickness.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 05:41:05 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Armor

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 06:04:06 AM »

You should replace the slave cylinder with an aftermarket and not remove clutch springs.  The correct clutch slave will give you an easier pull and more control with the lever.

04 M1000s, Arrows, Light Flywheel, Ohlins suspension
JonS2R

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 04:59:28 AM »

What other clutch tuning ideas could one do to get less abrupt dry clutch engagement? (Without buying a whole new slipper.)

I installed an Oberon slave and spyder retainer from Desmotimes on my S2R. They made a huge difference. I installed them at the same time so I can't say how much of a difference the retainer makes by itself but they state it helps even out the pull and make release more linear. The clutch feels much more like the wet clutch bikes I've had as opposed to the on/off feel of the original setup.

2007 S2R 1000
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: