Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 10:01:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a 05 800 slipper clutch mechanism be swapped into a 07 1K without plates?  (Read 668 times)
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« on: March 24, 2019, 02:49:57 PM »

Have a 07 1K dry clutch that I'm keeping; and 05 800 wet clutch for sale, 800's a good bike; I'm a little torn between the 2; If I could just put the slipper clutch into the 1k and keep it dry id be happier with the 1k. Best of both worlds ...

So is it possible to install an 800 wet slipper clutch mechanism on a dry clutch? (and put the non-slipper clutch mechanism in a wet without problems?) Understanding that you'd leave the plates in the respective dry and wet places Grin. (but oh; there different sized clutch plates too?)

.... all the world is yours.
RB

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 06:46:02 PM »

Not without splitting the cases and swapping out the drive shaft. And probably some other machining.

DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 08:11:13 AM »

Not without splitting the cases and swapping out the drive shaft. And probably some other machining.

Ooooow; ... lol;" welp" that's a bit of work! Forget that idea; I -did- find a bunch of slipper clutches starting at $399 complete with plates to $1400. One question leads to another ...

What manufacturer would supply Ducati Slipper clutches? Whats the better dry slipper manufacturer?

.... all the world is yours.
RB

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 09:11:37 AM »

I don’t know who’s better, but plenty of companies make slippers for Ducati. I see Ducabike and KBike have decent prices.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: